What's new

Help with replacement? Don't want to mess this up!

emily45

Reaction score
Okay hi guys! :) First time posting on this page and I'm just looking for some advice really! So basically my iPhone 4 was stolen but luckily I had insurance and got a replacement one sent to me through the insurance company. Not so luckily, the replacement phone was faulty and had loads of weird techy issues! (microphone wont work, can't go onto the Internet even when I have credit, won't sync properly to iTunes, and I swear it's deleting songs off itself!) So obviously I called the apple helpline to report it and they said that I was guaranteed a repair or replacement under my warranty, which is great. So I was waiting for them to send me out a box so I could send my iPhone back to them when I dropped it! And now there's a little crack on the top left hand corner just over the camera! Is my warranty now void because of this crack? Like will they just look at the crack straight away in the repair centre and say that thats the problem? Is there anyway I can prove that the drop has nothing to do with the problems? And sorry this is so long but last question! What is the best way to go about getting my replacement? It's just I really can't afford to pay anything for repairs and this should be covered my warranty! I'm just worried the crack is going to damage my request! Anyone have anything similar to them happen or am I just really unlucky? Thanks anyways guys and sorry for boring you with my rant! :)

Play dumb....say the crack was there.

Or...

You could take the risk...and call them..tell them you dropped it...and it was after you had called.

Either way...they have to replace the phone because of the other glitches and defects you reported.

What I would do:

Just send it back...if they call you..tell them the crack was there..or tell them yes I dropped after calling Apple..but regardless the phone was extremely defected.

Okay cool, thanks for replying! But like what if they just blame all the defects on me dropping it? Cause I've no way of proving it happened after I reported it! Think I'll call them and explain what happened and hopefully they'll take pity on me?

emily45 said:
Okay cool, thanks for replying! But like what if they just blame all the defects on me dropping it? Cause I've no way of proving it happened after I reported it! Think I'll call them and explain what happened and hopefully they'll take pity on me?

I think so...

I mean...really..what choice do you have.

I would also call and explain.

I would just send it in,..only if the crack was small..and on the back of the phone.

Yeah true, think I was just looking for someone to say oh that happened to me, you'll be grand! :p Thanks again!

emily45 said:
Yeah true, think I was just looking for someone to say oh that happened to me, you'll be grand! :p Thanks again!

Of coarse of coarse. I can see why.

They may take pitty on you.

Just be sure to thoroughly check the next iPhone.

I have received 8 defected iPhones in a row consecutively before.

IMHO....an iPhone that is 100% defect free is far more rare then an iPhone with defects.