What's new

Help with charging issues

DVMike

Reaction score
If mentioned elsewhere I apologize for the redundancy.
I need help to step away from the ledge ! Not for me but for my 6s plus .
After chasing iPhone upgrade after iPhone upgrade ,my wife and daughter went to the new upgrade but I decided to hang on to my 6s plus till I see how theirs go. I've spent way to much time already waiting patiently at the "genius counter" from the beginning of iPhone and upgrade after upgrade till now !
I have this issue with my charging port ( it's not dust bunnies) and I've about had it !
Has anyone here had a charge port replaced by someone other than Apple? And how much did it cost?
I believe I'm near $6000 in iPhone costs since the beginning and not really interested in donating more money ! If this is gonna cost me more than like $100 I'm likely not gonna fix it and not eventually upgrade (which is/ was my plan )
I have multiple friends who have given up on chasing the iOS high and gone to androids of different versions . I may need to do the same because I don't know how much more of my life can continue to chase software crashes update crashes and hours worth of genius counter trips .
So back to the charge port question ...... Sorry for the rant . Just fed up !

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Are you sure the lightning port has to be replaced?
What else did you try to fix this problem?

In case you haven’t tried this:
Force restart your iPhone. Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. As soon as you see it, let go of both. Your device will power up on it’s own. The software decides whether or not your device needs charging. This might help, if the software is the reason for your issue.
Also check the lightning cable for damage, as well as the charger.
Putting your iPhone into DFU mode might help as well. DFU Mode for Dummies

Whether applicable to your problem or not, one thing rarely mentioned is to avoid extending the charging lead with an additional USB cable as the extra voltage drop may hinder or stop charging.