What's new

Help! Will I lose application data when I replace my 3GS battery?

mh4473

Reaction score
I have things on my phone that I don't want to lose, that are not able to be backed up to iTunes.........such as voicemails in Text Free w Voice. If I replace the battery, will I lose those items, or any other application data on the phone?

Furthermore, I have some things that I really don't want on itunes...........do you think it would be OK to change the battery without backing up the phone?

Thanks!

The on board Flash memory is just like a USB Flash Drive. They can be stored for years without power ever being applied. You don't need to worry about changing out the battery. The phone will treat the situation just like a reboot.

thank you very much for your input, it put me at ease. I went ahead and replaced my battery over the weekend, along with my broken power button. The new power button is hard to push, which makes screenshots difficult...........but my new battery is awesome! Now I don't have to carry a portable battery pack with me everywhere I go and have my phone die in 3 minutes when it's not plugged in.

Thanks again.

P.S.: Anyone thinking of cracking their phone open, it is a little daunting. Not for everyone. I'm impressed I got it all back together and it works......

Hi mh4473. I have the same problem. I'm thinking of replacing my battery as well, but too attached and worried if my pictures will delete. So, I'm wondering when you replaced your battery, did you data stay input?

An answer would be highly appreciated, thank you...

Please, if you don't mind, what kind of and what type (cost too) is the replacement battery for the iphone 3gs, and where can one buy it? Thanks much. My 3gs battery drains continuously.