What's new

Help - upgrade IOS 6.0.1 to Ios 6.1.2 ??

jitensetia

Reaction score
Hi,

I have Iphone 4G with IOS 6.0.1 installed. I had jailbreaked it with Evasi0n tool. But as Ios 6.1.2 is already released with jailbreak available. My question is that can I upgrade my Iphone to IOS 6.1.2 ?
I had downloaded IOS 6.1.2 firmware with me, but I'm not able to restore myself. Itunes everytime shows error 3194. And also one of my friend said that we can never install 6.1.2 over 6.0.1; we can only install latest version of Ios (ie 6.1.3)... is this correct ???

If no, then please guide how I can remove the 3194 error and upgrade to Ios 6.1.2

Thanks in advance...

Jiten

There's no real difference between iOS 6.0.1 and 6.1.2 for the iPhone 4. Since iOS 6.1.2 has stopped signing, the only way for you to restore to 6.1.2 is if you have SHSH blobs saved for your specific device.

There's no real difference between iOS 6.0.1 and 6.1.2 for the iPhone 4. Since iOS 6.1.2 has stopped signing, the only way for you to restore to 6.1.2 is if you have SHSH blobs saved for your specific device.

So do u mean to say i need shsh blobs for 6.1.2 ??
Actually i have never updated my iphone to ios 6.1.2
From the first day my phone have 6.0.1 installed, i just jailbreaked it
Pls guide me

So do u mean to say i need shsh blobs for 6.1.2 ??
Actually i have never updated my iphone to ios 6.1.2
From the first day my phone have 6.0.1 installed, i just jailbreaked it
Pls guide me

Willerz is correct. If you don't have blobs for iOS 6.1.2, you will never be able to update to that iOS, now that Apple has stopped signing it. You will likely ave to Ollie this tutorial to get your iPad working again. http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...afe-method-restore-current-version-ios-26019/
Unfortunately, this will result in your iPad being upgraded to iOS 6.1.3, which is not jailbroken.

Last edited: