What's new

Help, updating my iPhone 8 to 12.0.1 killed my phone

zstairlessone

Reaction score
IMG_1539125242.772571.jpg

This is what I get after updating my iPhone 8

Good news - my iPad Pro updated beautifully. 12.0.1 looks like a definite keeper [emoji847][emoji847]

Did you get your iPhone8 fixed?

No, spent an hour on an Apple Support and could not get it to recover, update, or restore. I spent a couple of hours on phone support the next (Wednesday) afternoon trying many things and still no joy. Currently I have my SIM in a 7 Plus while mine is on its way to Apple. I live about 4-1/2 hours from an Apple Store, a super busy one, so trying to set up an appointment is hard for me.

All the Apple people I've dealt with have been very attentive, kind and supportive unlike any electronic company I've ever had to deal with for something like this.

No, spent an hour on an Apple Support and could not get it to recover, update, or restore. I spent a couple of hours on phone support the next (Wednesday) afternoon trying many things and still no joy. Currently I have my SIM in a 7 Plus while mine is on its way to Apple. I live about 4-1/2 hours from an Apple Store, a super busy one, so trying to set up an appointment is hard for me.

All the Apple people I've dealt with have been very attentive, kind and supportive unlike any electronic company I've ever had to deal with for something like this.
I hope they can fix it for you.

I have been given great help from Apple's phone support i hope your Apple store has some people who can get it fixed for you.

So nothing works when connected to your computer?

ITunes gives me the option to restore as new or to recover/update. Neither option works, though I've tried on a couple of computers/laptops and both Windows 7 and 10. This is the only real glitch I've ever had with Apple products, so pretty good record.