What's new

Help restoring 3g locked itune backup to a 3gs

gishak

Reaction score
I have a saved copy from my old iphone 3g when i saved it never used a password last week ilost my 3g phone replaced it with 3gs so i went to itune to restore my old backup that was saved on my computer then iam promted to input a password i never used one tried evry password i ever used no luck restoring please help if you know of any method that will work i have all my contacts and family pictures that i like restore to the new phone or to my computer so any way to bypass the password entery and see or restore my data?
Thanks

I have a saved copy from my old iphone 3g when i saved it never used a password last week ilost my 3g phone replaced it with 3gs so i went to itune to restore my old backup that was saved on my computer then iam promted to input a password i never used one tried evry password i ever used no luck restoring please help if you know of any method that will work i have all my contacts and family pictures that i like restore to the new phone or to my computer so any way to bypass the password entery and see or restore my data?
Thanks
Unfortunately, there's no way to bypass the password request.

When you backed up your iPhone 3G did you encrypt the backup? If so, you would need the password you used at that time to install the backup on another iPhone. The encrypted backup password is independent of whether or not the iPhone that was backed up ever had its own password.

so it is a password that i inputed at the time of backup? i do not remeber being asked for a password at the time of backup

so it is a password that i inputed at the time of backup? i do not remeber being asked for a password at the time of backup
It's either an encrypted backup password or the old iPhone was indeed protected by its own password.

In any case, without the password being asked for, you won't be able to install the backup on your iPhone 3GS.

is it a defolt password or something i created?

any software to may be just look at the and extract it my computer?

How it was created is not important as there's no way to bypass it or use your computer to extract it from the backup. Passwords on Apple devices are protected by some of the strongest available encryption methods, which can't be deciphered.