What's new

Help Please

bunnyboo

Reaction score
Hi All. Im new to the form so please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place....
Like many I updated my 4S to iOS7. Its pretty cool but im a little stuck and was hoping that someone may be able to help...

When you save a picture as a wallpaper/screensaver it used to save in full screen i.e from the top to bottom. Since my update (iOS7) my screen saver now does not reach the bottom. Where some people keep messages or phone in the dock at the bottom for quick access, I dont. I keep all my apps etc in folders on the next screen over. So when I unlock my phone I have my wallpaper. Then I swipe to the left to see my apps.But now when I unlock my phone I get this stupid dock at the bottom of the page.
Does anyone know how to get rid of this so my wallpaper is full screen.

When you open a folder to see apps, does anyone know how to change/remove the light grey around the apps...like having the apps sitting on the wallpaper??

I have attached two pictures of what Im talking about...

Sorry for the long winded message....Thanks all and many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bunnyboo

Attachments

• $0.jpg
    $0.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 380
  • $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 364
Hi i see your point also tried but i think its in the software to separate the bottom part of the thumb pics from top dont like myself but maybe others would know

I think the issue is just the original photo. My background has no problem and fits into the whole screen and doesn't have the same side bars that yours show. So I think it's a matter of finding a picture with matching dimensions or zooming in. Maybe try other photos? Play around with it a little.

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies. I have tried zooming and different pictures but to no avail. The more I look at it the more annoying its getting. Has any got any info on the light grey square around the apps???

Thanks again guys for your help.

Regards,

Bunnyboo

I'm afraid that those two items you are concerned about are stock on iOS 7. That gray bar across the bottom is the dock and it's unchanged or at the moment (read: on a stock iPad). The same for the gray of the folders when you open them.

Sorry, but that's the design of iOS 7 and cannot be changed until there is a jail break for this iOS.

Marilyn

Hi AL,

Thanks again for all the replies. I did think it was built into the software but didn't want to really accept it. Its really annoying that they bring a nice new iOS out and mess it up with the greyed out dock on the bottom of the screen and the grey around the icons. I am surprised that there is no option to alter/change the colour's within the screen settings. Does anyone know of a program that can be installed to rectify this problem or is it I will have to wait until a jailbreak comes out for it??? If a jail break is my only option )when it becomes available) can anyone point me to somewhere safe where it explains who this is done and what software is required.

Again, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bunnyboo

Last edited:
Hi AL,

Thanks again for all the replies. I did think it was built into the software but didn't want to really accept it. Its really annoying that they bring a nice new iOS out and mess it up with the greyed out dock on the bottom of the screen and the grey around the icons. I am surprised that there is no option to alter/change the colour's within the screen settings. Does anyone know of a program that can be installed to rectify this problem or is it I will have to wait until a jailbreak comes out for it??? If a jail break is my only option )when it becomes available) can anyone point me to somewhere safe where it explains who this is done and what software is required.

Again, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bunnyboo

You will have to wait until a jail break is found and released. And then, have to wait until themes figure out how to change the dock and folders.

And yes, we can provide guidance when and if a jail break is released. The news (and instructions) will be available here. But, for right now, there is nothing that can be done. Sorry.

Marilyn