What's new

Help me save my marriage all....Pllllease

savemyskin

Reaction score
Hello all

Can you help me out please. My wife took some photo's with her iphone and asked me to download on to my laptop......i've somehow managed to delete everything from her phone . I think where i went wrong is that i used my ipod touch settings instead of setting her phone up as a separate entity. As you can imagine, much acidity has been directed at me and to say i'm in the doghouse would be an understatement. I've tried rooting around itunes for the lost stuff but to no avail.......what can i do ????
Thanks
John

I'm a little confused as to how it all was deleted, but I guess that's irrelevant at this point. Your only hope is if her phone was backed up before it was deleted, either via iTunes or iCloud. Or if she had something like G+ or Dropbox installed that could've possibly backed up the photos before they were deleted.

I'm a little confused as to how it all was deleted, but I guess that's irrelevant at this point. Your only hope is if her phone was backed up before it was deleted, either via iTunes or iCloud. Or if she had something like G+ or Dropbox installed that could've possibly backed up the photos before they were deleted.

Hi

I don't know what i did to be honest, I can remember being prompted to continue by registering her phone or continue using ipod touch settings....anyway the upshot is that all her contacts , photo;s, facebook,mail dissapeared and the photo's from my ipod went on to her phone......GULP ....At this stage i knew the brown stuff had hit the spinning thing . As you can probably gather i'm no iphone expert

The phone was not backed up as far as i know

Hi I don't know what i did to be honest, I can remember being prompted to continue by registering her phone or continue using ipod touch settings....anyway the upshot is that all her contacts , photo;s, facebook,mail dissapeared and the photo's from my ipod went on to her phone......GULP ....At this stage i knew the brown stuff had hit the spinning thing . As you can probably gather i'm no iphone expert The phone was not backed up as far as i know
Have you checked your computer to see if any new photos were added after your failed transfer? If the photos are not on your computer and if there was no backup made of your wife's phone before everything was deleted, I'm afraid that there is no way to recover those lost photos. What you apparently did with your wife's iPhone was to do a full restore and set it up from your iPod backup. A normal part of this procedure is to erase the content that was previously on the phone.

The first thing you (or anyone) should do is go to the preference settings on iTunes. Under "Devices", check the box "Prevent Ipods, Iphones, and Ipads from syncing automatically". I can't, for the life of me, understand why Apple has not made this the default!