What's new

Help! Lost my emails!

Edd1e

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I upgraded my phone yesterday to the new firmware and have stopped getting my emails automatically instead I have to go into my email manually to get them. Please can someone tell me how to get them to come through automatically again? Thanks in advance!

Have you gone back thru all the settings and adjusted them?

Skull One said:

That's the problem I don't know how they are meant to be set!

Skull One said:

How should they be set?

Well you have two choices. Push or Pull.

Push - This means the email is pushed to your phone the second it arrives to your account.

Pull - Your phone checks the email account on a regular basis. IE 15 minutes, 30 minutes or every hour.

Push saves battery life. So check to see if that is available first.

If not, set it to Pull and then set the delay on how often to check. Remember, the more frequently you check the faster you will get email but the more battery it will drain.

Skull One said:
Well you have two choices. Push or Pull.

Push - This means the email is pushed to your phone the second it arrives to your account.

Pull - Your phone checks the email account on a regular basis. IE 15 minutes, 30 minutes or every hour.

Push saves battery life. So check to see if that is available first.

If not, set it to Pull and then set the delay on how often to check. Remember, the more frequently you check the faster you will get email but the more battery it will drain.

Thank you for your help, I have checked the settings and they are set to push already! So I dont know??

Edd1e said:
Thank you for your help, I have checked the settings and they are set to push already! So I dont know??

Do what I had to do. Go into mail, calendars. Delete each email you have set up then add new email. The phone goes through the process of setting each one up automatically.

holophyte said:
Do what I had to do. Go into mail, calendars. Delete each email you have set up then add new email. The phone goes through the process of setting each one up automatically.

Thank you! It's now working again :)

Very nice. I am amazed it required a rebuild of the email servers. I never saw an issue like this during the Betas. But I now I have a better suggestion for resolution going forward. Thanks Holophyte.

Skull One said:
Very nice. I am amazed it required a rebuild of the email servers. I never saw an issue like this during the Betas. But I now I have a better suggestion for resolution going forward. Thanks Holophyte.

Anytime skull. I only knew this because when I first got the iPhone I struggled with email until a guy at apple talked me through it. I learnt from there.