What's new

[Help] iPhone does not connect to different network after jailbreaking

ZikO

Reaction score
Hi,

I am completely new to this field. I have recently decided to jailbreak an iPhone 3GS i have recently bought. I've used evasiOn and successfully jailbreak it with installed Cydia. Unfortunately, I run out of ideas about what I could else do to unlock the iPhone in order to connect it to the different network. I read a little bit about this problem and saw a couple of posts suggesting UltraSn0w 1.2.8. I tried that but I don't see as if the iPhone was able to recognise the different network.
I am not sure if I understood the problem but I found out that UltraSn0w 1.2.8 can only unlock certain ModemFirmwares. I have already found out my iPhone has a new bootrom 359.3.2--looks like there is one problem, and ModemFirmware 5.16.08--looks like the other problem as well. I cannot downgrade it.

Could anybody please sugges what I should look for to have it successfully unlocked?

If you have iOS 4.1 blobs for your 3GS, you can try the iOS 4.1 method. Downgrade your iOS to iOS 4.1, flash the iPad Baseband using RedSn0w, and upgrade your iOS while preserving your baseband back to iOS 6 and use UltraSn0w to unlock with the UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6.X.X

If you have iOS 4.1 blobs for your 3GS, you can try the iOS 4.1 method. Downgrade your iOS to iOS 4.1, flash the iPad Baseband using RedSn0w, and upgrade your iOS while preserving your baseband back to iOS 6 and use UltraSn0w to unlock with the UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6.X.X
Hi Willerz2,
When I've got this iPhone, it was already upgraded to iOS 6.1 and I don't think a previous owner has saved blobs for any system. Apart from this great solution which would probably be the best, is there anything else I can do?

Other than that, your only other method of unlocking would be a carrier/IMEI unlock. It's permanent as well so you can upgrade and jailbreak as you please.