What's new

HELP! iPhone bricked?!

xl2ealx

Reaction score
So here is my story. I dropped my iphone 4 while i was at the gas station then a pick up truck decide to run it over. So the front glass shattered and so forth. I picked up some replacement parts and decide to fix it. Everything seems fine except it wont power on unless i plug into a power outlet. It would shut off when i unplug it?? and the screen for emergency calls would pop up. The strange thing is when I plug it into my computer itunes doesn't read it and my phone is stuck on the apple logo restarting?? weird..can anyone help me??!! =(

umm....a truck....ran over your phone...there's your problem right there. Who knows how many different things in there were damaged. By the sounds of it a lot...in all honesty, i would search on ebay and swap out as many parts as you can starting with the mainboard. But...the problem with that, and dont quote me on this, but i believe by switching out your board will change your
IMEI, maybe model and serial number of your phone which will lead to problems with either ATT, Verizon or Apple. So you might get it working just fine by doing that but then have an issue getting it activated again.

yea, it turns on when its plugged in though..everything seems fine..just stuck on the emergency call screen..

So it works fine when plugged in but as soon as you unplug it the phone goes dead?

The emergency call screen, the one where you see a USB cable pointing to the iTunes logo...? (recovery mode)

when its plugged in the charger it shows the emergency call screen, the one where you see a USB cable pointing to the iTunes logo.

when it's plugged into the usb, itunes doesnt read the phone. The phone sits at the apple logo screen then it restarts again. Keeps repeating itself.

when the phone isn't plugged into anything it doesnt even come on??

Well the fact that a truck ran over it means it could b anything. The power issue suggests that the battery or a connection to/from the battery is faulty...

Unfortunately you're going to need to get a new one or that one repaired... apple shop :(

does apple us not have an exchange program? if it looks like it's not been ran over by a truck they may swap it over

fairly certain apple would know that he had it apart and put replacement parts in it.. i would deefintly look on ebay for one..

Like i am thinking about. got an iphone for my girlfriend been using it .. thinking about making switch from android.. goodby droid x's.