What's new

HELP getting a ringtone from zedge onto my iphone!

amyinnc

Reaction score
found a ringtone,, downloaded it. says to connect phone to itunes, and select ringtones in side bar, but i dont see a ringtone folder in itunes?? HELP!

ok so i see it now under "tones" under my device. I synced my phone..but im still not seeing it on my iphone where I can use it!?

amyinnc said:
ok so i see it now under "tones" under my device. I synced my phone..but im still not seeing it on my iphone where I can use it!?

Settings, sound, ringtones

I have looked upder settings/sounds/ringtones. I have synced the phone twice. restarted it. still not showing up on phone, but shows up under tones under device in itunes...

I have already synced it twice...

Is the ringtone under 40 seconds in length? I read somewhere that if the ringtone is too long it won't actually work on the iPhone even though iTunes shows it as a ringtone.

Do you have Tones under iTunes set to sync everything or just specific ringtones?

how would i check that...until today ive never used/paid attention to tones...

AH! That may be the problem then ;)

Plug your iPhone back into the computer. Once they are done syncing, click on the iPhone. Then it should bring up the summary (or at least the last screen you used) for the iPhone. There should be a bunch of tabs, look for Tones. Click on it. Then look for something like "Sync all Tones" and mark it. Then press SYNC.

ok i found the tones tab..things are all "gray scale" but the sync all tones button is checked..when I click on sync tones to make it bold it says by doing so it will remove all music and such on my iphone?!

Hmmm... I need to be at my house with iTunes in front of me to see what the heck is going on then.

One of the things I did was dragged the tone right into the phone. See if that works.

This works for me.
But first
Make sure the file extension on the tone is .m4r
Make sure Manually Manage Music on the Summary tab is ticked.
Don't tick Sync Tones on the tone tab
Drag and drop the ringtones to your phone then sync (apply)
This way you don't get the scary message that your content is all going to be deleted.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I did drag and drop it shows up under my phone when plugged into iTunes. But doesn't appear on the phone itself :( guess its apples way of saying they want u to only pay for things?!

I did drag and drop it shows up under my phone when plugged into iTunes. But doesn't appear on the phone itself :( guess its apples way of saying they want u to only pay for things?!

I have not paid apple for any ring tones
Have you looked in settings > sounds > sounds and vibration patterns ?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk