What's new

Help! Droid pulling me!!

diesel

Reaction score
I am an Apple devices user since 2006, well basically since I could afford it, otherwise I love them from beginning. It's been two years since I have been using my iPhone 4 daily, saw the iOS develop from 4.0 to 5.1. Love it. Love the iPhone.
Well things have started to change a bit now. I was at a shop some days ago and encountered HTC One X, I really liked the device's hardware and the way it was built. I have used android phones before as many of my friends own them but I never used one running an icecreamsandwich version of android.
I sort of liked it. In fact I really liked it. I liked the way how HTC's quad core processor made the OS so smooth and how it handled multitasking and how it had so many stock features that we can only enjoy after jailbreaking our iPhone. I mean come on we need to admit sbsettings sort of a feature should be stock. That's just one feature that was stock in the phone. There were many more than that. The speakers were too good. Over all design the size of the screen and the phone itself in general felt really good.
Now I am seriously considering to sell my iPhone 4 and buy this One X :\
One side of me says to stick to iOS but then I see how android has so many features without even doing something like jailbreak in it to get those. How easy it is to just select a song in your mp3 list and make it a ringtone. How easy it is to select a default browser and all sort of beautiful home screen modifications.

HELP ME TO STICK TO IOS. I WANT THAT HTC BUT THEN I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE MY IPHONE. :(

I've owned a DroidX for 18 months. It's rooted and running an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM (AOKP).
To choose an MP3 as ringtone, go into app folder, choose file browser, go to music folder, long-press song, from the popup menu choose set as ringtone.
In Android you navigate thru your folders as you do in Windows.
Want a different browser? Go to Google Play Store, download other browsers, choose the one you want in the app folder. Test them out, and then uninstall those you don't like. If you click a web link and you have more than one browser installed, you'll get a popup asking which to use. That same popup will let you designate a default browser; and the default setting can be deselected in the app setting for that browser if you decide to switch or try others.
Hope this helps.

I know all these features. lol.
My post was concentrating on the point that I have started to find Android to be better than iOS in so many ways. I know I'll get lot of hate replies to this lol.
I just wanted a droid user to give me reasons NOT to surrender my iPhone.

Thomasjtsi said:
Don't worry diesel... the comments will start pouring in before too long. It's still very early morning here in the US. LOL!!

Haha I am sure they would.

Had both Android and Iphone. Loved both, hard to decide the better. using Iphone now so for now it is the better.

I've never owned an Android powered device... so the following is strictly from what I hear users talk about here on the Forum. It seems to me that iOS in it's natural state comes out more stable than Android OS'. Sure, you're going to have the freedom of switching defalt web browsers or making a ringtone straight from your mp3's. At what cost, though, are you getting these anemities?

Can you get it with a decent return policy? I suggest you try it out for a week or two.

I live in Pakistan and unfortunately there aren't such policies here. We pay for the full price of the phone.

I owned a HTC incredible prior to my Iphone and I BEGGED Verizon to allow an early upgrade and finally got one. I had to return it twice for the phone cycling through shutdowns. Same issues, two different phone. The third one I got was good for about 5 months and started doing to same thing after a pushed update. I had to reset my phone which erased all apps and data, when I got the same pushed update I was told to not update by Verizon because it would probably reset my phone again, but "we could not be sure." I have heard the same issues with other HTC versions from other friends who have had them. 5 months with the 4s has been pure bliss so far.

If I had to go back to Android I would stay away from HTC. All my previous droids were HTC and finally had it with the OS. You are not getting the full android experience on HTC's. It is a mixture of android and HTC's sense UI. It worked pretty well on my Hero and original Evo but as android kept progressing I think HTC held the experience back by putting their own software on them. Just my 2 cents..

Seems like you really like the HTC One x. From the reviews that I have read I can see why. The feature I miss the most was the 4.3 Super Amoled screen on the Samsung Charge that I had, that and the spoken google map directions. (free app) Battery life was not nearly as good as the 4s but I could get through a day of use with no problem as I am a light user.
I really like the 4s alot but that may change when the Galaxy S3 comes out. These older eyes just need a bigger screen than a 3.5 ".
Maybe I am just lucky but I had the HTC incredible, Samsung Galaxy X, and Samsung Droid Charge and never had a problem or freeze up on any one of them. The biggest problem that I encountered was the very long waits for system upgrades and GPS very slow to lock. Guess that won't be a problem as the One X has ICS and from the reviews I've read gets pretty much instant GPS locks.
I am not brand loyal to any manufacturer, whatever works the best for my needs and just feels the best is the one I take home. Good luck with whatever decision you make.
If I had to sum it all up between the two I would say that if you want a rock solid phone that just plain works in every aspect, then you would be hard pressed to find one better than an Iphone. Although Siri does sorta remind me of android, it is alot of fun but far from being perfect.

Also torn between Android and iPhone. I love the Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket! I have had an iPhone since 2008 and I am finding myself drawn to Android. I have decided if "the new iPhone" isn't better than all the rest I am going to switch. Since I have been with Apple for so long I owe it to Steve to give them a few more months to release a new iPhone that hopefully will blow me away!