What's new

help/advice on a itouch jailbreak 2g mc.

stubblepoo

Reaction score
Hi all.

i have been given a itouch 2g mc running 4.3.1 and would like to jailbreak it. however the redsn0w/green poisons seem to be for newer hardware revisions and the redsnow tutorial i found specifically said the jailbreak would be untethered on an -mc itouch which is not ideal.

i looked into downgrading to 4.2.1 to then jailbreak but everyone says i needed my shsh blobs which i could extract and do but this is a rather roundabout way to jailbreak which i will do if nowt else comes up.

just wondering if anyone has any advice or tutorials etc.

thanks
stubbs.

What do u really want to do? Downgrade to 4.2.1? If yes, the answer is just "you can't" because your device is having 4.3.1 at the moment and you've never saved shsh of 4.2.1 before, so itunes will not allow a downgrade.
FYI untether is ideal and gretter than tether. "Untherther jailbreak" means that you can restart your device anytime after jailbreaking with trouble, "tethered jailbreak" means that you will have to connect your device to a computer and load a boot into your device everytime you will want to restart your device.
Look up for redsnow 0.9.6 RC9 if i'm not mistaking, it will give you untether jailbreak for your 4.3.1 iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ok cheers.

but i cannot find the .ipsw file for a 2g itouch anywhere.
if it put ipod2 1_4.3.1 restore.ipsw (which i a pretty sure would be what its called) into google nothing comes up.

would i just use the ipsw for a 3g itouch?

thanks again.

sorry. which should i use?
again there isnt one for a ipod touch 2g. only 3g and 4g.
should i use the 3 gen ipod touch ipsw?

Ahhh does touch 2g support 4.3.1? Hunm.... I don't think.

i have been given a itouch 2g mc running 4.3.1 and would like to jailbreak it.
Are u very sure that your touch 2g is running 4.3.1??????????? This was where u confused me. I didn't pay attention to the 2g. I think 2g iOS upgrade was limitted to 3.1.2

Ahhh does touch 2g support 4.3.1? Hunm.... I don't think.

This is what I was thinking, I thought the 2g touch stopped getting firmware updates at 4.2.1