What's new

[Help] 3GS to 5.1.1

sioto

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I got a second hand 3GS on 3.1.2 and baseband of 05.11.07/new bootloader. Never touched an apple device before, so I read quite a bit and have hit a dead end.*****

So, I made an SHSH blob with TU and that only caught 4.1 SHSH from apple as cydia no longer has any for my model. Went through snowbreeze created a modded .ipsw selecting Install .SSH/hacktivate and tried to restore with Itunes (in DFU mode) and got error 3194. Deleted the entries made by TU in hosts/started TSS server to get a little farther in restore process ending in error 11. Great. I read that I should use Redsn0w to stitch SHSH blobs into the IPSW, but I don't have the blobs from 5.1.1 as I'm only upgrading not restoring. And apparently apple no longer signs for 5.1.1. So, was I pretty much *** the whole time? What are my options if any? TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.

Forum Report Post System Tutorial (Please Read)

iPhone Tips & Tricks

What is jailbreaking?

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

Understanding and Utilizing RedSn0w

Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

Please observe sections 15.1 and 15.2 in our Forum Rules here

15.1 Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPhoneForums.net neither condones nor supports it in any way. Jail breaking and hacking does NOT equal stealing or pirating!
15.2. Discussions, links, and sharing of any piracy related topics, apps, repositories, etc., will be deleted and the member will receive a warning. A second warning may lead to an immediate ban.

We don't, under any circumstances, support piracy of any kind. It's stealing, and stealing is illegal, so you'll have absolutely no help with respect to that matter on any part of the forums from any of its members. And we're a family forum, so we try to keep the conversations and language as PG as possible.

You cannot selectively restore to iOS 5.1.1 without iOS 5.1.1 SHSH blobs for your particular device. Otherwise, you won't be able to restore to iOS 5.1.1. That goes for all iOS's on pre-A5 devices like the 3GS and 4. Without blobs, your only option is to restore to iOS 6.1.3. There are no workarounds, hacks, backdoors, exploits, etc etc that can bypass this.