What's new

Hearing Impared Ringtones Where Do I Find Them

LeeB

Reaction score
I have a 5s and I am having problems hearing the "stock" ring tones when I get phone calls and text messages. I have searched and searched at the App Store and find a large amount of App's.........

I see them and I am confused on which one I need or how to work them..... I do not mind paying for them

Thanks in advance........ LeeB

You'll find some ringtones in the iTunes Store. All you have to do, is enter something like "hearing impaired ringtones", and you'll get a few results.

You're able to listen to them, to decide whether or not they will help, and you'll have to pay for them, if you want to use them.

You'll find some ringtones in the iTunes Store. All you have to do, is enter something like "hearing impaired ringtones", and you'll get a few results.

You're able to listen to them, to decide whether or not they will help, and you'll have to pay for them, if you want to use them.
Sorry but putting in "Hearing Impaired Ringtones" yielded no results...... Thanks anyway

Did you search in iTunes Store, or in the App Store?
The ringtones I found are available in iTunes Store (where you can purchase music, movies, ...).

I searched the iTunes Store on my computer. I found some by just putting in "Ringtones" (I could not listen to them)

When I put in Hearing impaired ringtones it said no results......

Thanks

Thank You I will try later today... I am off to the gym in a few...........I am in California and I see he is in Washington......
Thanks again
You're welcome, I know this member well and I'm sure he will be happy to help if he can.

I searched the iTunes Store on my computer. I found some by just putting in "Ringtones" (I could not listen to them)

When I put in Hearing impaired ringtones it said no results......

Thanks
Use the iTunes Store on your iPhone to search for them. These are the results I get when searching in the US iTunes Store:
image.jpg

When you tap the artwork at the left, you'll be able to listen to them:

image.jpg

Thanks J.A. to be honest I didn't even know the iPhone Store was on my phone and it was right next to the App Store. I guess YOU can teach old dogs new tricks.......

Thanks again.......

I will also try and contact ardchoille and see what he has to say

Also, do you know that you can easily make the iPhone flash when a call comes in? This is done under Accessibility in the setting of your iPhone. You can do this in addition to the ringtones. I couldn't do without this.

I'm hearing impaired as well. I use a headset a lot for talking. I pick out the loudest tones from stock. My hearing aids pick them up well. There are apps that serve as a hearing aid. They work ok in certain situations. I liked iHear while waiting on my aids.

Use the iTunes Store on your iPhone to search for them. These are the results I get when searching in the US iTunes Store:
View attachment 19128

When you tap the artwork at the left, you'll be able to listen to them:

View attachment 19129
I wear hearing aids and have trouble hearing ringtones when the is a lot of ambient noise. What I found useful on an Android was to create custom ringtones from loud parts of classical recordings in my CD collection. Creating custom ringtones from my CDs was more kludge on the 6 Plus, but the distinctive tones do grab my attention.