What's new

Headphone jack

dorrien12

Reaction score
I hate that Apple took out the headphone jack. I mostly use Bluetooth but it's still nice to have it. So I decided to trade in my 6s plus for the 8 plus. What is everyone using as a splitter so they can charge and use headphones at the same time?

I don't, I use Bluetooth and if I don't I either use the speaker or my lightning ear pods that came with the phone.

There are people here using splitters so you will get good advice soon.

I use Bluetooth, I don’t miss it one bit and am glad they removed it, it was a relic of the past

I use Bluetooth, I don’t miss it one bit and am glad they removed it, it was a relic of the past

I mainly use Bluetooth but my car is not Bluetooth enabled so I use the Aux cord and that’s where I miss the headphone jack.

I understand, but tech moves on...i remember when a similar argument was made for the transition from record to CD and VHS to DVD people didn’t want to have to start a whole new library, buy new equipment and cables and such, I worked for Circuit City and would hear this all the time
Or when cars went from leaded gasoline to Unleaded gasoline, lawnmower, weed whackers and chainsaw engines didn’t work well on the new gas, so we had to add a leading compound to the mix to keep the engine running right
Or buy new equipment that was for un leaded fuel

This is progress, of you live long enough you will see such changes

My parents remember when vehicles were a fairly “new” and novel item
And before there were TVs and huddled around the radio to hear Jack Benny

I understand, but tech moves on...i remember when a similar argument was made for the transition from record to CD and VHS to DVD people didn’t want to have to start a whole new library, buy new equipment and cables and such, I worked for Circuit City and would hear this all the time
Or when cars went from leaded gasoline to Unleaded gasoline, lawnmower, weed whackers and chainsaw engines didn’t work well on the new gas, so we had to add a leading compound to the mix to keep the engine running right
Or buy new equipment that was for un leaded fuel

This is progress, of you live long enough you will see such changes

My parents remember when vehicles were a fairly “new” and novel item
And before there were TVs and huddled around the radio to hear Jack Benny

Oh I am a techie type person, so I am all for progress, I just believe that’s one thing that could hang around a little longer. At least until I upgrade my car ... lol.

I watched my mother play 8 tracks, I remember hearing the stories about their favorite shows on the radio. When I was little every household did NOT yet have TV’s especially in their bedrooms (we did, my father had to be THAT person ... lol). I remember when the internet first started for mainstream folks and when I had the chance to invest in Google and yes, the CD’s and so much more, so I’ve been here for quite a bit. I hope they have flying cars before I close my eyes for the last time. But I just want my headphone jack. Lol

Nevertheless, I am enjoying my iPhone 8 Plus.

Oh I am a techie type person, so I am all for progress, I just believe that’s one thing that could hang around a little longer. At least until I upgrade my car ... lol.

I watched my mother play 8 tracks, I remember hearing the stories about their favorite shows on the radio. When I was little every household did NOT yet have TV’s especially in their bedrooms (we did, my father had to be THAT person ... lol). I remember when the internet first started for mainstream folks and when I had the chance to invest in Google and yes, the CD’s and so much more, so I’ve been here for quite a bit. I hope they have flying cars before I close my eyes for the last time. But I just want my headphone jack. Lol

Nevertheless, I am enjoying my iPhone 8 Plus.
Back in the fifties they were predicting flying cars for 1967.;)
86F8E010-D22F-45B4-8119-0ECD3A8DA70E.jpeg

I hate that Apple took out the headphone jack. I mostly use Bluetooth but it's still nice to have it. So I decided to trade in my 6s plus for the 8 plus. What is everyone using as a splitter so they can charge and use headphones at the same time?

There are some pretty good Bluetooth transmitters/receivers on the market now.
I have one for the car and one for my home stereo (It’s older and only has RCA inputs, but sounds awesome.).
The one for home let’s me send or receive Bluetooth from Mac, phone, tablet etc. Sound is great, no wires and most are under $20.00, unless you want one with Toslink optic input/output inc cable, then your looking between $30-$40.

If you had one back in the 80's you might have thought you were flying, some had drugs packed into the rear wheel wells and spare tires.

That is a myth, I was a teenager when these cars came out and I remember the trial and everything somehow people made this stuff up that was not even close to being true, he was not convicted although he Got caught trying to make the deal in order to do that