What's new

Have you tried this "ThumbSlide for iPhone"?

notequick

Reaction score
Anyone tried this app "ThumbSlide". It seems that it's a good tool for sending messages and taking notes using the Swype inputting mode.

Here is the demo video

Last edited by a moderator:
The failure of this app is the inability to do it while actually in the app you want the data in. IE you have to launch the app, copy the data, open another app you want the data in and paste your work. You might as well get the iPhone 4S and use voice dictation. It would be faster.

iPhone didn't allow to implement one native inputting method...., it can be integrated more and more features. Eg, sms, email facebook, twitter....

iPhone didn't allow to implement one native inputting method...., it can be integrated more and more features. Eg, sms, email facebook, twitter....

I am very much aware of Apple's restrictions on replacing built in functionality. Which is why apps like these tend to be "interesting" at first till you realize how much application switching you have to do to use them.

Yes. i agree with you. But the app like this can integrate the most popular texting app, eg, SMS, EMail, twitter, taking notes, iMessage. Maybe more than 80% things can be done without switching. Anyway, I just guess the number.
Actually, we are thinking whether we should add some functions like what's app or some social networking support and make it more useful. Maybe too much work to do.

BTW, I was surprised with one app named "SlideType". Basically, it just doesn't wok, but it was approved by Apple and has a good rate (Top 30 in productivity). ThumbSlide is much, much, much better than it, but can only be listed on top 50 of business category.

Actually, it should not be approved by Apple at all!