What's new

Has anyone else had problems downloading new apps or data from App Store or iTunes?

unixchar

Reaction score
A few dats ago everything seemed fine. I bought a few songs and downloaded an app

Today I tried to get some music off iTunes. I selected get and it asked for my Touch ID. After a few seconds the dialogue disappeared and nothing happened. No download no errors reported.

I tried the exact same thing in the AppStore. It asked for my Touch ID but no download.

I have restarted my phone but the problem is still there. Has anyone else experienced this?

I really don't want to have to reset the phone because it will be a lot of hassle to get it all configured again. But if this is a virus I will do.

A hard reset wouldn't delete any data or your configurations and it might just help. For the iPhone 7 you press on the ON/Off switch as well as one of the Volume buttons for about ten seconds until the Apple logo appears - then let go. The phone will restart and hopefully your problem will be resolved.

If your iPhone is not jailbroken, you can't get a virus on your iPhone.

Try force closing the App Store app. Double tap the Home button to show the Apl Switcher, then slide the thumbnail below the app icon towards the top of the screen.

If that doesn't help, take a look at your internet connection.

A hard reset wouldn't delete any data or your configurations and it might just help. For the iPhone 7 you press on the ON/Off switch as well as one of the Volume buttons for about ten seconds until the Apple logo appears - then let go. The phone will restart and hopefully your problem will be resolved.

Thanks this solved it.

Reactions: 933
If your iPhone is not jailbroken, you can't get a virus on your iPhone.

Try force closing the App Store app. Double tap the Home button to show the Apl Switcher, then slide the thumbnail below the app icon towards the top of the screen.

If that doesn't help, take a look at your internet connection.

The reset solved it. But I'm not so sure that you can't get a virus if the phone is not jail broken. I'm certain that websites you visit can upload malicious code onto your iPhone.

But thanks for replying

The reset solved it. But I'm not so sure that you can't get a virus if the phone is not jail broken. I'm certain that websites you visit can upload malicious code onto your iPhone.

But thanks for replying
It can't be done directly but only by downloading a malicious program onto your computer that then syncs corrupted apps to your iOS device that are designed, in most cases, to steal personal info. Even this can't cause a system wide infection because of the app sandboxing rules.

But thanks for replying

If you are not jail broken and only using apps from the apple App Store you cannot get a virus. There is always a way to do things with technology but as for now if you aren't jail broken you are safe. Search for an antivirus app in the App Store, you won't find any. There are security apps but no antivirus apps. Keep cautious tho and only visit trusted websites, your cautious nature is on your side and I believe you are correct in saying that malicious code can be sent through websites, I think it's only a matter of time before something bad happens, let's hope apple keeps up on the security side of things!!!