What's new

Half Moon Icon

It's the Do Not Disturb feature. You can change its settings in Settings.app

Much thanks 

It's actually a nice addition to the iOS, particularly if you want some peace and quiet at night if your phone is constantly going off at night. At least it's helped me get a better night's sleep a little while back :p

It's actually a nice addition to the iOS, particularly if you want some peace and quiet at night if your phone is constantly going off at night. At least it's helped me get a better night's sleep a little while back :p

I just turn off the phone or put it on silent ;)

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk

A good thing with Do Not Disturb mode is that you can enable a setting so that if you get several calls from the same person whilst in DND, it'll eventually ring with a tone.

Any alarms you set will still sound when in Do Not Disturb. Note that you can quickly enable and disable DND via the control center like so.

eqanapyj.jpg

Siri has the capability to enable and disable Do Not Disturb mode simply by saying "Turn on/off Do Not Disturb".

I hope I was of some use.

I just turn off the phone or put it on silent ;) Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk
I can't do that. My iPhone is my only phone. So I have DND set to receive only family. I got tired of wrong numbers and messages from Verizon at 3:00 am. If I had a regular home phone, I'd just turn it off. Family emergencies do happen. My daughter called early one morning to tell me their house just burned down. So DND works great for me.