What's new

H1Siri App"Siri Port" Illegal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobA957

Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed and rebooted my Verizon iPhone 4 and Siri works fine but of course the server cant take all the traffic that the newly outed tweak/App is taking but anyways I looked on google and saw that there is a comment on twitter telling people that the tweak was illegal and is using a proxy server that looks at your texts and other data and gets sent to china and also said that it was an illegal port from an iPhone 4S

Tell me your thoughts and comment on it

Sent from my iPhone 4S 32

But aren't the other ports that they have tried to come out with illegal to though so what is the difference and the GUI and everything is working. Except for server
Soooooo

Sent from my iPhone 4S 32

The server is the only thing that matters. So no, it's not working. And yes, any current port of Siri is illegal. This one doesn't even have a complete GUI. It is missing language strings and god knows what else. Just stay away from it.

I heard that Apple is looking to prosecute any and all that do port siri over! Im not sure how true this is due to it came from a not so worty person but they are right most of the times.

I'll wait for Siri;) I'm hard of hearing so I dint think I'm missing her much lol

Yes it's illegal. As well as Sirious. There is only one legal Siri port that's done atm. I won't give an eta because the dev would murder me :p The tweak is finished but you must know somebody who's willing to give you their 4 keys! I know the dev and covered the story on my blog.

Feel free to do what you want with your phone, but there is plenty of potential for you (and your data) to be exploited. So, this is one of those "installer" beware things. I don't think it's ILLEGAL per se' - but I would say highly frowned upon. Regardless -- our policy here is not to discuss cracked apps, pirated apps, etc. and this essentially is stealing service from Apple. So, as the other mods mentioned. Closed.

Also a tweet from ih8sn0w

I just realized... anyone who installed those "Siri Ports" might have replaced the dyld_cache which probably conflict with future untethers.

Status
Not open for further replies.