What's new

Grey background?

rws

Reaction score
I just upgraded my IPhone 6 to IOS 10. Now on my Lock screen and home screen I get these grey text blocks or maybe they are called bubbles. Not a big deal but I prefer the old style that was transparent on the lock screen and maybe black on Home screen. Can this be changed?

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Could you post a screenshot please?

Sorry, Could not get it to post. I will try later.

If you can send me an email I will attach a screenshot to that. I am not able to get an image to post.

To post a screenshot in Safari, select "Upload File":
IMG_5344.JPG

Then select "Choose File":
IMG_5345.JPG

Go to Photo Library:
IMG_5346.JPG

Choose "Screenshots":
IMG_5347.JPG

Select your screenshot with the bubbles:
IMG_5348.JPG

It will start loading. When it has finished, you'll see a small picture of your screenshot. Choose "Full Image", then post your screenshot:
IMG_5349.JPG

The screenshots are from an iPad. The way to post them is the same on the iPhone.
Sending them via pm is also the same.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
To post a screenshot in Safari, select "Upload File":
View attachment 28130
Then select "Choose File":
View attachment 28131
Go to Photo Library:
View attachment 28132
Choose "Screenshots":
View attachment 28133
Select your screenshot with the bubbles:
View attachment 28134
It will start loading. When it has finished, you'll see a small picture of your screenshot. Choose "Full Image", then post your screenshot:
View attachment 28135
The screenshots are from an iPad. The way to post them is the same on the iPhone.
Sending them via pm is also the same.

Hope that helps.
Your screenshots have disappeared.

Here is what I mean.

Attachments

• IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 464
Here is what I mean.
That is a notification. And, no, the theme/background cannot be changed. That is the translucency that apple is so fond of.

You can go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Transparency and turn it off, but that just looks worse.

Last edited:
That is a notification. And, no, the theme/background cannot be changed. That is the translucency that apple is so fond of.

You can go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Transparency and turn it off, but that just looks worse.

OK. Thanks for the replies.