What's new

Greenpois0n 4.2.1 un tethered jailbreak for windows users

Does this work for Verizon? Nobody is helping us Verizon noobs. I have no idea what baseband is or anything.

:(

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...-greenpois0n-rc5-b4-untethered-|mac-win-8132/

it works with the latest update of your iphone and jailbreak has noting to do with the baseband so it does not matter what bb your on, though if you tap on settings general then about and look under modem firmware thats your bb, the only reason why bb would matter is if you need to unlock and from verizon there really is no other network to unlock to and im sure you dont intend ot want to use another carrier since you went for verizon :)

read the link on how to that phil posted

Thank you really. I'm coming from a rooted droid, I had a 1st gen touch that used to be JB'd, but that was ages ago when quickpwn was still alive and kicking.

I appreciate the response and look forward to embarking on this journey. lol.

Hmm
so I'm trying to update from iTunes and it says the newest firmware is 4.2?
is 4.2.1 = 4.2

yes its 4.2.1 its just apple did not name it that on itunes. plus we are on 4.3 beta 3 and next week beta 4 or hopefully even a GM will be released

oh, sweet deal

yeah I'm trying to update it from 4.1 to 4.2 but everytime I'm doing it, iTunes gives me an error at the end saying "Your connection has timed out" or something like that.
it's pissing me off :(

oh, like from here? iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

and how come they have both a 4.2 and 4.2.1?

no! dont download firmware from 3rd world websites and id ont know why they have 4.2 and 4.2.1 because its the same firmware, apple never released a 4.2 and a 4.2.1 separately.. the first original 4.2 that they where supposed to release had problems so they renamed it to 4.2.1 but itunes never had any number change

any way download it from here

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-9858.20101122.Er456/iPhone3,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw

straight from apple ;)

Alright thanks
but that's a pretty trusted site imo

I've downloaded a bunch of firmwares from them back when I had an iPod Touch :)

Funny, I was one of the masses waiting for the 4.2.1 jailbreak for Windows, but, after hearing some of the problems people are having after jailbreaking, I think I'll keep my phone unjailbroke. I've been thinking about it for a while and when I had my 3G, it was jailbroke, I didn't really do a lot with it, even had my iPhone4 jailbroke for a short time, never really did anything with it.

Hey Guys. I think I did everything right. but when I click on CYDIA it just bounces not open.

windows vista, iphone 4 32gb 4.2.1. greenpoison rc5 b4 works like charme,

i think most people have no problems, because 10 pages is not that much^^

I am wondering how to change the name of the carrier at the top by my signal? Also will getting a speed increaser affect the phone in any way?

I am wondering how to change the name of the carrier at the top by my signal? Also will getting a speed increaser affect the phone in any way?

there is an app in cydia that you can change your carrier logo i forget what its called, carrier something

palio, you ever use a phone booster? making the iphone faster overall?

cant say i have, i tried for the nokia but they never worked plus the ip4 is good i dont need a booster