What's new

Grayed "Send" button glitch in iPF app

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
It was recently brought to my attention that our members who use the iPF app (Forums for iPhone) from iTunes have been encountering a glitch that grays out the "Send" button when replying, quoting, and/or reporting posts. From what I've gathered, it is what it is, a glitch. And after a brief discussion w/ one of our Senior members, ardchoille, we've discovered a work around to use until it is fixed.

When you first bring up the reply, quote or report screen... the "Send" button will be grayed out, in most instances. Simply tap the "Return" key on your keyboard and your cursor will drop down two lines from where it was originally. You can do this before or after you enter text, it doesn't matter which. Doing so will essentially un-gray the "Send" button and allow it to be used. If you wish to backspace and delete those extra lines that does work as well.

Let us know if you've been having any issues w/ the iPF app and any other possible solutions to the problem. Thanks!

It was recently brought to my attention that our members who use the iPF app (Forums for iPhone) from iTunes have been encountering a glitch that grays out the "Send" button when replying, quoting, and/or reporting posts. From what I've gathered, it is what it is, a glitch. And after a brief discussion w/ one of our Senior members, ardchoille, we've discovered a work around to use until it is fixed.

When you first bring up the reply, quote or report screen... the "Send" button will be grayed out, in most instances. Simply tap the "Return" key on your keyboard and your cursor will drop down two lines from where it was originally. You can do this before or after you enter text, it doesn't matter which. Doing so will essentially un-gray the "Send" button and allow it to be used. If you wish to backspace and delete those extra lines that does work as well.

On my phone backspacing back to the top of the reply causes the send button to become grayed out again. Backspacing one line seems to work fine - which means you'll have one empty line at the top of your reply, quote or report. I'm guessing the top line is unusable.

Thank you for posting this much needed fix. You rock! :)

willerz2 said:
All hail Tapatalk!!!

Tapatalk isn't bug-free either, it has crashed on me twice since I bought it.. IPF.net app has never crashed on me.

Tapatalk isn't bug-free either, it has crashed on me twice since I bought it.. IPF.net app has never crashed on me.

I've never had problems with either really. Guess I'll have to go bug hunting now. No spiders please :)

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I haven't noticed that on the iPF app. I do still get crashes when tapping the "Load more threads" button.

I forgot there's a dedicated app to this forum lol.. I'm using tap stalk free though with no issues ever.

I thought the dedicated iPF app was no longer working with the forum software update?