What's new

Grandma tech new to the forum

Islandkitti

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

I'm new to this forum..i created a iphone app for the first time im so excited!! how do i get reviews im in the itune store but no ones im there?

Welcome, grandma... and congrats on the new app. I suppose that when people see your app, and if they like it, they'll download it and comment. Right?

So what's the app?

App Store - iGot'em

This is the link to the app.

Its called iGotem its a type of emergency responder app. It allows a person to report a crime/incident immediately. No longer will criminals get away because there was no witness. Most people will turn their back and not get involved when they witness a crime. Using igotem you can still not get involved just make a note or take a photo hit the send button and it goes to the nearest police department. It has a GPS locator on it. I came up with this idea because my husbands nephew was shoot down while playing on a basketball court, and no one saw ANYTHING. It happen on a small island most of the people there are too afriad to tell because of fear of retaliation. So I thought what could i do to help.So i thought of bringing the community and the police force together by using technology. Since i made this app i have now created 25 app ideas waiting for development "funding"..and thats the story.. So Grandma Tech have more to come. I will be at SXSW in Austin in a few weeks to promote my app. check it out and leave a comment.. oh yea and download. "it takes and app to catch a thief"

Yeah its been in the itune store since Sept/11 and i haven't gotten many downloads. Marketing is also another part of it getting people to see it.. i realized that just because its in the itune store that people are not going to download it if they don't know its there..Thanks for the congrats!!

It's a good idea for an app. The big problem is that there are bigger houses doing the same thing, albeit charging money. But they're more expensive than ur solution. Good luck.

Yeah. I have a mag on the iBookstore and only get around forty downloads a week. Not much, by my standards, but they don't yet know me. After a couple of months, I'll be getting much more downloads per week. Hopefully;)

Last edited: