What's new

GPS problem with iOS 11.2.5

Laineyyz

Reaction score
Hi everyone :) I'm wondering if anyone is facing this problem.. I think since I've upgraded to 11.2.5 I'm having trouble with my GPS.. The signal is really bad and even after restarting my phone, and even do a reset on Location & Privacy, it's still the same. I think the phone can still detect the GPS.. But it's just bad signal.. Like when I'm driving, the GPS will stay unmoving in one spot, then after a few minutes it will jump ahead to where I currently am, and then froze again. And on Waze it'll show this.

IMG_1518069352.536429.jpg

I don't know what else to do and I don't even know if it's my phone problem or something else. All I can do now is wait for another update and see if it'll get better :(

No one had this problem? Is it only me? =/

Try in settings there go to general and then to go to software update.
If I’m not wrong you should find new update there.
Think it should be something with 11.3.
Hope this helps.

Try in settings there go to general and then to go to software update.
If I’m not wrong you should find new update there.
Think it should be something with 11.3.
Hope this helps.

Nope. Mine still 11.2.5. They already roll out 11.3?

As odd as this may sound, after you have your Mac app opened make a phone call (I use 'Hey Siri' to make mine) and it may fix the issue (until the Mac app is shutdown and restarted). My GPS speedometer does the same except it will lock at 2-3 bars of satellite coverage and 0 MPH. Once I make a call, have a short conversation with a sympathetic friend, and hang up as Emeril would say BAM my speedometer is fully reading all the satellites and displaying my speed. If I don't make a call it never registers speed or satellite reception (at least up to 90+ minutes, haven't gone longer than that without either making or receiving a call).

That's nav app, I'm not sure how it switched to Mac????

Uhm Mac app? I don't have a Mac though..

This would be where I noticed that autocorrect changed nav to Mac twice and passed along a note to keep anyone from becoming confused

Now that make sense. LOL thanks a bunch I'll try and see if it works

As odd as this may sound, after you have your Mac app opened make a phone call (I use 'Hey Siri' to make mine) and it may fix the issue (until the Mac app is shutdown and restarted). My GPS speedometer does the same except it will lock at 2-3 bars of satellite coverage and 0 MPH. Once I make a call, have a short conversation with a sympathetic friend, and hang up as Emeril would say BAM my speedometer is fully reading all the satellites and displaying my speed. If I don't make a call it never registers speed or satellite reception (at least up to 90+ minutes, haven't gone longer than that without either making or receiving a call).

Tried what you suggest and it worked like a charm! Omg thank you so much. My GPS now is working again after the nav app open and call, and it's still working fine even after I restarted my phone. Thank you so much!!