What's new

Got to unlock my friends iPhone - I'm stuck..

You'll need to run redsn0w again... and choose the iPad BB option under Extras.

Strangely enough, the iPad baseband is actually under the jailbreak option. Once you hit jailbreak and the options screen pops up uncheck every box except for "install ipad baseband" it will take 7-10 minutes, once that is done you can do the same thing but this time check only the "downgrade ipad baseband" option. After that completes(another 7-10 minutes) you can install Ultrasn0w and you will get signal.

Strangely enough, the iPad baseband is actually under the jailbreak option. Once you hit jailbreak and the options screen pops up uncheck every box except for "install ipad baseband" it will take 7-10 minutes, once that is done you can do the same thing but this time check only the "downgrade ipad baseband" option. After that completes(another 7-10 minutes) you can install Ultrasn0w and you will get signal.
Ugh... you're right J!!
awcrap.gif
Straighten me out on something else... can you select the "Install iPad BB" during the initial JB that installs Cydia or do you have to run it a second time and uncheck Cydia?

Ugh... you're right J!!
awcrap.gif
Straighten me out on something else... can you select the "Install iPad BB" during the initial JB that installs Cydia or do you have to run it a second time and uncheck Cydia?

Yes, you should be able to jailbreak and upgrade at the same time by selecting the iPad option and the Install Cydia option.

Strangly enough, it doesn not allow me to install the Ipad BB, it gives an error message and syas it's not possible..

any way around it? everything is fine, I just need to unlock it...

The only way is through WIFI with cydia right to get ultrasnow?

Yes... the only way to unlock is via the iPad BB and ultrasn0w from Cydia. Not sure why it's giving you the "not possible" error. I know you don't want to hear this... but perhaps a Shift-Restore to the 4.2.1 IPSW is in order... then JB again w/ the iPad BB.

I went again and restored to 4.2.1 manually through itunes and ran redsnow again and still can't install the ipad BB - I get the error message: Ipad Baseband Failed

What to do?

LOL - I had to be connected to the internet to make the baseband upgrade work :)

Works perfectly now, thanks for all the help, you guys all really rock!

LOL - I had to be connected to the internet to make the baseband upgrade work :) Works perfectly now, thanks for all the help, you guys all really rock!
LOL!!! Glad you have it working now... let us know if you need anything else.

One more thing though, it seems she can't send any text messages anymore even though there is money on the phone. Could this have something to do with upgrading to the Ipad BB ??

OK got it, I swapped sim cards and fixed the problem so It has to do with the service provider and NOT the Iphone..

Problem solved :)

Or just maybe that iPhone is SIM FREE.......... :)