What's new

Google photos & drive

vedran.russo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having some troubles with these two apps and would really appreciate the help.
Recently I switched back from Android to ios but when I sign into my Google photos and google drive there are no pics...? Dropbox is fine. What's the catch? Also, when i sign into these two from my wife's android phone I can see all of my pics and videos but not from my SE.
I dont get it

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

I assume you logged in with the same account that you used on your Android.

In the Google Photos app, take a look at the settings of your account. One of the items there is called "Backup & sync". Select this, and make sure Backup and sync is enabled.

In Google Drive (also the app), also take a look at your settings. There’s a Photos category. If you wish to see the images from Google Photos in Google Drive, you have to enable Google Photos Folder.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Sure, done that that's why I started this thread because I just don't get it. On other android phone everything works but here on ios not so much and on the other hand Dropbox works fine...

Weird. What do you see when you tap the assistant at the bottom?
IMG_4724.JPG

Since when is this video loading? Maybe the images couldn't load yet because of the video.

Here's something else you can try:
Reboot your iPhone. Press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo, then let go of both. Your iPhone will power up on it's own.

Try accessing your images on different devices, also use a few different browsers (three of more) to view them.

If they appear everywhere else, but not on your iPhone, report this to Google.

It's an animation of my son, not a video. Was uploading when I did the print screen, that was just for a few seconds...
If I reboot will I lose everything? Like I said I tried viewing pics from my Samsung android and from my wife's Huawei, works fine.

No, you won't lose anything when you reboot. Apple calls it "force starting", which describes more exactly what it does.

Try accessing them using browsers as well.

Well, rebooting didn't help. Everything is the same on my iPhone but my laptop says
IMG_0083.JPG

Wtf does that mean [emoji4]

I would if I could. Trying to send them just an email but that seems impossible