What's new

Google Maps app for iPhone gets update, adds contact search

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
$mzl.nqrksseh.320x480-75.jpg

​

A new update for the Google Maps app for iPhone has just dropped, bringing a few improvements that will surely be useful for those interested in the application.

For example, if you have been adding addresses to Google contacts and you need to find a contact while within the Google Maps app, you don’t have to exit the app anymore. Basically, you can search within the app and get instant directions to that person’s address. We’re glad to see this feature being added, because it has been something the Google Map app really needed.

Another change that comes with the update is that you get more precise and integrated local data. For example, when you look f​​or something using the search bar you will also get a menu of 13 categories (bars, supermarkets, movie theatres, cafes etc). The map will then show the nearby establishments that match the criteria of search. The results can be viewed within the map or through a list that also adds Zagat ratings, opening/closing hours and Google customer reviews. So, if you’re unsure if you should go for a quick lunch at that particular restaurant while you’re waiting for your business meeting to start, now you have a complex guide to help you decide where to spend your money.

On top of releasing an updated iOS Map app, Google has also rolled out the application in seven new locations across the world. Customers will also be able to choose between miles and kilometers as measuring system, so users from Australia as well as Netherlands can enjoy the app. Get the update from the iTunes App Store.

Source: TechCrunch

Something the Mapquest app has been able to do for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Apple needs to work on there maps badly

Apple is working continuously to improve their maps app. I've noticed improvements over time in almost every location I visit on a regular basis.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator