What's new

Google Announces Priority Inbox for Gmail for Mobile

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nt3gE9dGHQ]YouTube - Gmail Priority Inbox[/ame]​

Google announced via the Gmail Blog today that Gmail Mobile now has Priority Inbox support. Priority Inbox is designed to make managing your email much easier on the smaller iPhone screen, by automatically identifying your most important messages so that you can look at them first. Up until today, the service was only available on your desktop or on Android devices.

In order to use the service on your iPhone, you’ll first have to set it up via Gmail on your desktop. Once that’s done, you should see the Priority Inbox when you navigate to gmail.com using your mobile device’s browser and click on “Menu”. Your Gmail inbox will now feature importance markers, which enable you to spot your most important emails immediately. It works by predicting what emails are important to you based on the emails that you have previously read and replied to. Very clever! You can also mark important messages yourself with a star.

Priority Inbox and Gmail for Mobile is compatible with all iOS 3+ devices.

Source: Priority Inbox in Gmail for mobile - Official Gmail Blog

Maura,

Will this assist me in having my PC take priority over my iPhone 4S when receiving mail?(other than totally deleting my mail accounts from my phone) All my mail is currently set at POP settings. I'm getting mail on my phone that I would rather receive and save on my PC.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.