What's new

Good news on ios 5 untethered jailbreak

pandahou

Reaction score
Apparently pod2g has released a YouTube video demonstrating a working iOS 5 untethered jailbreak. So far he has said it will work on 5.01 but still no news on it working on the 4s or iPad 2 he said he will test It on them later because he doesn't have the devices. For more news you can follow him on twitter at pod2g. :)

yes, i hope this is true. does he have a facebook ?

Not that I know of I dont really use fb.

I dont know much about jailbreaking so haven't JB my iphone. I am on 5.0.1 so now that I have read this I am thinking about JB my phone. If I were to JB now, do I do a JB for 5.0 then upgrade using the method in the video?? I noticed that phone was already JB and I imagine it was a 5.0 tethered JB. Am I right? TIA

I think you are confused, the jailbreak hasnt been released yet, this video was just demonstrating the untethered jailbreak(unreleased) on a 5.0 device.

When will they release the untethered jailbreak for ios 5?

I think you are confused, the jailbreak hasnt been released yet, this video was just demonstrating the untethered jailbreak(unreleased) on a 5.0 device.

Yeah, i realised that when I saw the other post about it. Hopefully it will be released soon.

Bad news for us iPhone4S and iPad2 users...... it appears as though we are at the very bottom of pod2g's "to-do" list(not even on the list yet!).

I can't give much details right now, but here are the next steps :
- upgrade the iPod 3G to iOS 5.0.1
- do the same on iPhone 4 / iOS 5.0.1
- then iPad 1 & iPod 4G

He's even considering releasing the A4 jailbreak first. Please comment on his post and ask that he releases all jailbreaks at once(so he has more urgency to get the iPad2/iPhone4S jailbreak done).

http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.com/

Avery said:
When will they release the untethered jailbreak for ios 5?

Theres no date yet because he wants to test it on 5.0.1 which he said should be easy n also wants test on a5 devices to release it together. Only problem is he might release for older devices first (which I don't mind since I have ip4 but its really unfair to)

It wouldnt matter to me cause I have a iPhone 4 also

Well, if he releases it for older devices first, Apple could patch the vulnerabilities for the A5 devices couldn't they, or am I wrong?