What's new

Good Chat/Social Apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParisaHoardsCats

Reaction score
Lately I've been using Chat Lobby, but it's extremely glitchy and unreliable.
I've also used Minination in the past, which I enjoyed until it was removed from the app store.
Any suggestions?
Oh, an only free ones, please.

There are several social apps to choose from. My current favorites are: CamFrog, IM+Pro and Palringo. Here is a list of the ones that I currently use (please keep in mind not all of them are free):

THESE ARE NOT LISTED IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER

- pingchat!
- palringo
- FFM
- Fring (video calling over 3G)
- Nimbuzz
- ooVoo
- Rooms (IRC Chat client)
- CamFrog (this one is really cool because it is text chartrooms but also audio. It also has a Mac and PC program to use from your computer...which support video chats)
- Stickam (it's ok, but there are a lot of teens on it)
- HeyTell (nextel style wallis talkie app)
- FriFi (location-based chat app, but you have to slam your friends first in order to use it...it uses your current contacts)
- TwitCasting Viewer (cool idea for an app. You can use your Twitter account and broadcast video and audio from your iPhone. Other users can chat with you. )
- Qik (streams video and audio like TwitCasting, but doesn't require a twitter account. I believe you can stream directly to your Facebook page)

That's pretty much all i have. There are other chat programs that the makers of chat lobby and FFM have made. All of them seem to be unstable though and you can easily get banned for just sending people messages.

This is a really old thread and the OP hasn't been back since so I will close it.
Thank you for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.