What's new

GMail Question

Medic3166

Reaction score
I'm awaiting the iPhone on VZW currently. Just checking, will the iPhone sync my GMail contacts and calender, as my HTC Incredible (android) does now?

Also, is the iPhone capable of syncing contacts with Facebook, like the Droids and BlackBerries do?

I'm awaiting the iPhone on VZW currently. Just checking, will the iPhone sync my GMail contacts and calender, as my HTC Incredible (android) does now?

Also, is the iPhone capable of syncing contacts with Facebook, like the Droids and BlackBerries do?

I can only say that the iPhone4 through AT&T DOES synch Gmail contacts like a charm. Works fast and flawlessly. I would assume it will be the same with VZ.
Not much help, huh...

Just switched from a Droid to Verizon iphone. It will sync with gmail contacts through iTunes, but I haven't seen a way to link with Facebook friends like you could on the Droids.

Just switched from a Droid to Verizon iphone. It will sync with gmail contacts through iTunes, but I haven't seen a way to link with Facebook friends like you could on the Droids.

You can sync your FB Friends to your iPhone. You need to install the Facebook App on your phone. Once installed, go to your "Friends" list, and hit "Sync" on the top right. That should sync it for you.

Hope that helps ;)

Iphone support yahoo and hotmail pus email services but not sure about gmail services; but must work!

I can confirm it does work great with gmail on Verizon. Set it up as exchange server.

I have read somewhere about Google Sync (Beta) that allows you to sync Google Contacts and Calendar events over the air. Any changes in your Google Contacts or Calendar will be pushed directly to your iPhone. If you’re a regular user of Gmail and Google Calendar, you’ll probably find Google Sync useful.

Anyone know how to delete emails on the "handheld" (as it's called with BlackBerry) and NOT on the server? While deleting on BB I could choose "on handheld" or on "mailbox and handheld" I like to keep my phone clean and leave some on the server. This is with Gmail.

Go to settings>mail>choose your account>scroll to bottom & choose advanced>under delete from server, choose never...

I use a corporate gmail account and a personal gmail account. The push works for both and once I changed my gmail imap settings everything works fine. (without enabling imap it worked for a short time then failed)