What's new

Gmail app issue with iphone 6

irvineboy

Reaction score
I just got a iphone 6. I updated to iOS9.

I noticed with my gmail app, it categorizes the email by sender and topic. For example, my friend Justin S sends me an email with an attachment. Let's say the subject is "Friday Lunch Meeting" There are 5 emails associated with this subject.

When I open my gmail app, it won't show 5 "Friday Lunch Meeting" emails from Justin S. Instead it will show 1 email from Justin S. This is the latest email as it pertains to the "Friday Lunch Meeting". When I click that email, it will bring to another screen with the rest of the 4 emails from Justin S. However, the first email with the attachment is missing. I have to do a search for "Justin S" for it to find all 5 emails. Why is that? Is it some sort of glitch that it doesn't save the first email?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, irvingboy!

I'm using the Gmail app on my iPad. When there are more than one email in a thread, it will open the first unrea, and I have to scroll to the bottom to read the other ones. If it doesn't show the last unread email, all I do is trying to scroll further than it seems possible/drag upwards a bit more. Usually the missing email appears afterwards.

Hope that helps.