What's new

Getting message "no SIM card installed"?

traquy

Reaction score
My phone has been working great up until this morning. I got a message "No SIM card installed" when I went to answer a Yahoo message, and next to the wifi signal on the top instead of the AT&T signal bars it has "No SIM". I turned it off, waited a few minutes, turned it back on and it was fine. Now I went in to make a call and it says No Sim again. I will probably take it to the ATT store this afternoon but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I'll sync with itunes before I leave so I don't lose anything in case they need to reset the phone.

its a problem with the mechanisim on the sim slot that causes this problem try putting a piece if transparent tape over it this should help

I took it to the AT&T store and they replaced the SIM card. No more problems since and I didn't lose anything in the process.

My wife had a similar problem with her iPhone. A new sim card seemed to fix the issue as well.

I just replaced my iPhone 3Gs with a new iPhone 4 last week. Yesterday, this message "No SIM card found" or something similar started popping up, of course, with no ability to use the phone to call or receive calls. I tried turning the phone off and on, resetting, turning off and on the WiFi (?) Turning off and on the Airport setting. None of it seemed to help very long. Then reading messages on this and other forums, I popped out the SIM card, cleaned the connectors and replaced. So far, so good. But, if it happens again, this phone is going back. I've had an iPhone since day one. My other iphones are still in active use with other family members. Never had a problem like this, until this one. Thanks.