What's new

getting a supportcallnow.com when in cydia

mach1man

Reaction score
I'm trying to setup my new iPhone 6 and after about 7 or so tweaks and themes installed, I went to install batteryPeek and it through up this ios crash with supportcallnow.com popping up and also a redirect_to_app_store... How do I fix this and NO I DO NOT HAVE ANY PIRATE REPO's

Last edited:
The new Cydia should have ad mechanisms in place. Since it's a free tweak, you can download it off of Cydiaupdates.net and install via iFile, Filza or SSH. As for the ad itself, it may be BigBoss's new ad sources that's causing the issue, but I'm not seeing it on any of my devices. There was an older package that blocks Cydia ads prior to SaurikIT implementing the redirect block mechanism, but I don't remember the name.

@willerz2 So the Redirect_to_app_store is normal now due to ads being allowed in cydia... is that correct? just want to make sure I'm reading that right.

and what about the ios crash do to third party "supportcallno.com" I read somewhere that this was caused by a piracy repo but all of my repo's are stock.. plus I've given the pirate life up LOL

If they redirect to the AppStore directly, Cydia has a prompt that will say that an ad is attempting to open and you can dismiss or go through with it.

I've never heard of that link before so I can't put my $0.02 on it. I also don't have AVG on my work desktop so I can't scan it for anything. Does it only happen when you attempt to install batteryPeek?

And also try clearing your history/website data in Settings for Safari in Airplane mode to cut off all relaying data.

@willerz2 Ok. And yea it only happened the first time when I tried to get into batterypeek. After about 30 minutes of messing with it, it finally allowed me to get back into cydia. I went through and installed other tweaks and themes. Went back to BatteryPeek and it installed no problems.. So I have no idea what happened

@willerz2 Ok. And yea it only happened the first time when I tried to get into batterypeek. After about 30 minutes of messing with it, it finally allowed me to get back into cydia. I went through and installed other tweaks and themes. Went back to BatteryPeek and it installed no problems.. So I have no idea what happened

AFAIK it's not any existing/known malware that's causing it so it's weird. Check your certificates to see if anything non-Pangu/VPN related are there.