What's new

Get a Grip!!!!

The 5S will be no different from the 5 aside from the rumored fingerprint reader and the usual front/rear camera upgrade. The 5S is rumored to be released in Sept/October as usual. The 6 is not even in mind for production or designs as the 5S is still awaiting release, so discussing about the 6 is impractical.

Hi Willerz2,
hope all is good in the Big Apple, i see you have both the iphone 4s and the 5, Will you be purchasing the new iphone upon release, what attracts you to the iphone over other manufactures?

I see you really do like your Apple Products, what is it that makes them "better" that other Manufactures. is it the Hardware or the software side of things? Also what is so wrong with the samsung s4? are we talking hardware related or software.?

I love to get an understanding of how people decide to make a tech purchase. so from what i gather, correct me if i am wrong, you purchased the 3gs mainly for the music player with the added bonus of a phone aswell? in terms of technology advancement how do you think they can make the music player better. what do you think it lacks? Do you use headphones or the loud speaker? on the software side do you use itunes to purchase music, or do you use alternative methods, if you know that i mean ;)

Hi, Poisonivy
Just out of interest how come you will not be getting the new iphone upon release. what is making you hold off from the purchase? cost, contract, tech spec, new types of software? Also did you have any other of the previous iphones, if so how does it stack up to the older versions?

Hi iphoneMommy, love the name, can you tell us why you love your iphone so much, is it the tech side of it, the design or software? Did you have the older versions of the iPhone? will you be getting the new one upon release, or will you wait for the iphone 6? Also do you think Apple play it safe when it comes to advancements.

Hi Willerz2,
hope all is good in the Big Apple, i see you have both the iphone 4s and the 5, Will you be purchasing the new iphone upon release, what attracts you to the iphone over other manufactures?

Hi Iphone888--I see you have a lot of inquiries.

Please use the Multi-quote Feature when posting to multiple posts. That way this will avoid multiple singular posts in succession of each other.

Please use this IPF APP guide which was created by our Administrator, Leelai. This was created for the iPadForums App, however, the instructions are universal.

iPad Forums App Tutorial

Thank you,

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

I love to get an understanding of how people decide to make a tech purchase. so from what i gather, correct me if i am wrong, you purchased the 3gs mainly for the music player with the added bonus of a phone aswell? in terms of technology advancement how do you think they can make the music player better. what do you think it lacks? Do you use headphones or the loud speaker? on the software side do you use itunes to purchase music, or do you use alternative methods, if you know that i mean ;)

Hi, Well simply put i had little to go off so took a chance on the 3gs because the one that came up was a 32gb version (i needed this for my cd's as i ripped them in Apple Lossless). I am unsure really how to make the music side of the phone better, i can find nothing from Apple regarding what sound chip is in the phone, this side of all the Iphones tends to get ignored because most users just download music in MP3 format, this is so compressed that a decent sound chip would make zero difference. I do use headphones..... a very nice and expensive set, this, coupled with my ripping the music from my cd's and putting them in lossless has given me (what i think) to be a very good music player, as an example i asked a freind of mine who has an iphone to listen to a track he had on his phone that i had on mine.... his was in MP3 and via his rubbish ear buds and mine in lossless with my ' nice ' headphones, he was stunned at how different the same track could sound through a different way to upload it and the headphones, even putting my headphones on his phone (listening in mp3) still showed a marked difference. I have only got about 200 cd's but in lossless they take up close to 100gb ! So my next purchase (if not a 5s) will be a 64gb 4s, as a minimum. I just hope the sound chip in the 4s/5s is as good as my 3gs (Wolfsen i understand).

My 2 cents: if the new phones will not have a larger screen, there'll be more of the Ho-Hummm commentary from Apple users. The major Android phones got it right, in terms of screen size.

I would be very happy if the screen size did NOT change, it is after all first and foremost a telephone (mobile), if you want a mini laptop then get something else, its a fine balance between something you can carry in your pocket (trouser pocket) and something you need a small bag for.... i like carrying it in my pocket.

I made the BIG MISTAKE of getting the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active & sold my iPhone 4S. I swore for the longest time I would never stray from the iPhone again. But I did & I am so frustrated with the Active. Same buggy Android it always was. Why did I think anything would change. I can't wait til the 5S comes out. I am definitely getting it & selling the piece of crap. Reception is so horrible. I have minimal coverage at my house & have never had any problems with my iPhones. Now I get message send failure all the time. It's so frustrating having to send a text 5 or six times before it'll go through. Picture messages hardly ever go through. I'm done leaving the iPhone. I miss it soooooo much!!

I made the BIG MISTAKE of getting the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active & sold my iPhone 4S. I swore for the longest time I would never stray from the iPhone again. But I did & I am so frustrated with the Active. Same buggy Android it always was. Why did I think anything would change. I can't wait til the 5S comes out. I am definitely getting it & selling the piece of crap. Reception is so horrible. I have minimal coverage at my house & have never had any problems with my iPhones. Now I get message send failure all the time. It's so frustrating having to send a text 5 or six times before it'll go through. Picture messages hardly ever go through. I'm done leaving the iPhone. I miss it soooooo much!!
I still got my iPhone 4s. My son had Galaxy S3 and it was stolen in an armed robbery, and then he got the Galaxy S4 - what you've said is so true... lagging, battery life, reception, difficulties on updates etc etc... and yesterday we went to customer care to repair charging.... my 4S is now 2 years old... and still going strong. My wife and daughter do have the iPhone5. My wife constantly on fb and her battery life is incredible, 9 hours of usage easy!!!! ... I'm already due for an upgrade, but I'm waiting for 5S... can't wait....

I still got my iPhone 4s. My son had Galaxy S3 and it was stolen in an armed robbery, and then he got the Galaxy S4 - what you've said is so true... lagging, battery life, reception, difficulties on updates etc etc... and yesterday we went to customer care to repair charging.... my 4S is now 2 years old... and still going strong. My wife and daughter do have the iPhone5. My wife constantly on fb and her battery life is incredible, 9 hours of usage easy!!!! ... I'm already due for an upgrade, but I'm waiting for 5S... can't wait....

Sorry to hear about your sons phone. Hopefully he didn't get hurt or anything. Good thing it wasn't an iPhone that was stolen. Lol! I wish the 5S was out right now. I'm so frustrated with the S4 Active that I hate using it. Apple really does have the best operating system.

Sorry to hear about your sons phone. Hopefully he didn't get hurt or anything. Good thing it wasn't an iPhone that was stolen. Lol! I wish the 5S was out right now. I'm so frustrated with the S4 Active that I hate using it. Apple really does have the best operating system.
Only gun against his head - he's ok... The s4 Active? Isn't that Windows program running on it? Interesting is that there's no SD card in iPhone - people are complaining but my opinion is that a card can just attrack "cockroaches" and poison the phone... but that's only my personal opinion... I have the iPhone 4s and I'm so happy with it. My wife and daughter are on the iPhone 5 and at this stage I can see no reason to upgrade. Can't wait for the 5s to upgrade....

Only gun against his head - he's ok... The s4 Active? Isn't that Windows program running on it? Interesting is that there's no SD card in iPhone - people are complaining but my opinion is that a card can just attrack "cockroaches" and poison the phone... but that's only my personal opinion... I have the iPhone 4s and I'm so happy with it. My wife and daughter are on the iPhone 5 and at this stage I can see no reason to upgrade. Can't wait for the 5s to upgrade....

Wow, that's horrible. Your poor son! The S4 Active is Android. I had the 4S & sold it to pay for the Active. Boy do I sure miss my 4S. I should've waited for the 5S. I'm really kicking myself now.

Wow, that's horrible. Your poor son! The S4 Active is Android. I had the 4S & sold it to pay for the Active. Boy do I sure miss my 4S. I should've waited for the 5S. I'm really kicking myself now.
You on contract? Which country? Mine on contract with Vodacom... I'm upgrading every year with my plan - but skipped this Febr, as I waited for the 5s.

Sorry.. I was confused between Ativ (windows) and Active (the waterproof s4)

This thread has started me wondering, my first smartphone was a Samsung Galaxy, i thought it was fantastic but it was my first phone of that type, i changed to iPhone (a 4s) because i had a MacBook Pro and ipad2 so it seemed to make sense, i now have iphone 5 and i wonder now that i know more if i went back to Android would i be disappointed with an Andoid phone.....food for thought!!!

This thread has started me wondering, my first smartphone was a Samsung Galaxy, i thought it was fantastic but it was my first phone of that type, i changed to iPhone (a 4s) because i had a MacBook Pro and ipad2 so it seemed to make sense, i now have iphone 5 and i wonder now that i know more if i went back to Android would i be disappointed with an Andoid phone.....food for thought!!!
I think we should wait for ios7... then compare. Myself think you will be disappointed. But the moment when ios7 is in operation, we will be able to make a better comparison. And of course, 5s.......

I think we should wait for ios7... then compare. Myself think you will be disappointed. But the moment when ios7 is in operation, we will be able to make a better comparison. And of course, 5s.......
Yes i'm looking forward to IOS7, I have no intentions of changing my phone again this year but i am interested of course in seeing what 5s will be like.