What's new

Gecko iPhone toolkit

waldoe

Reaction score
I hope this is the right section for this post...I came across a free download for gecko iPhone toolkit yesterday. A friend brought his iPhone for me to fix. His kid changed the password on him and he tried so many times he ended up disabling it. I know what to do in these situations but he needed the phone back fast as he was going on vacation. I searched if there was a faster method and came across the above mentioned toolkit. I didn't use it as I would like to familiarize myself with it first and my friend didn't have much time. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used this before to fix a disabled iPhone and is it quicker than other methods?

It's the only method I use to recover passcodes for my customers. It works just like Redsn0w, actually it uses Redsn0w. It creates a custom ramdisk and then shows you a readout of the passcode. Since it requires limera1n, it will only work on iPhone4 or lower.

It's the only method I use to recover passcodes for my customers. It works just like Redsn0w, actually it uses Redsn0w. It creates a custom ramdisk and then shows you a readout of the passcode. Since it requires limera1n, it will only work on iPhone4 or lower.

Do you know if this method will ever work for the 4S?

Once you use the exploit and finish, are you left with a jailbroken phone? or does the redsnow just load into RAM and once you reboot you're back to normal unjailbroken, where your phone will be read by iTunes etc. I don't have a backup on the laptop yet or I'd use tools to extract the passcode from there. I've read a lot on the mechanics of jailbreaking w/Redsnow or Absinthe but all the descriptions of using the Gecko package end at retreiving the passcode. This is my phone which my kid messed up. I don't really want to keep the jailbreak or have Cydia on there at this point as the phone is still new and under warranty and I just found out that Best Buy somehow sold me a refurb as brand new (shrink wrapped in box!) so they are willing to exchange it. I don't want to do a reset and lose all my emails etc.

Last edited:
Once the Gecko toolkit finishes you simply reboot your phone by resetting it and it is just as before. The RAMDISK is simply temporary. The device does not get jailbroken in the process. You note the password in the Gecko log (on screen) and type it in once the phone reboots. Simple.

Do we have a trustworthy link for this Gecko toolkit? Not sure what source to download from.....

My Windows partition is set up through Parallels on my Macbook, since the operating system exists on a virtual drive, there's no need to worry about viruses. Unfortunately the file is too big to upload to VirusTotal :(

My Windows partition is set up through Parallels on my Macbook, since the operating system exists on a virtual drive, there's no need to worry about viruses. Unfortunately the file is too big to upload to VirusTotal :(

I also have Parallels installed in my MacBook Pro. You didnt have any problems putting the iphone in dfu mode and redsn0w recognizing the iphone? For some reason, the program opens up with no problem, but when it boots to redsn0w, it's not recognizing my iphone in DFU mode? Is there something i'm doing wrong?

I'm soooo desperate for help. My purse was stolen and my iPhone 4s was in it. The purse was retuned by the police the next day, but my phone did get retuned until three days later. The tweaker pile of $&#% tried to figure out my passcode so many times the phone now says in a red box "iPhone disabled connect to iTunes". But when it is plugged into iTunes it them say "cannot connect to device. Device has a passcode, must enter passcode to connect". Apple and AT&T both tell me I'm going to have to let them wipe everything by doing a factory reset to unlock the phone. But I have two thousand pictures on there that appareny did not get backed up, because the last backup was incomplete. Can someone please help me either bypass th first screen long enough to enter the correct passcode, or help me back the phone up while it's in this disabled mode? My contacts and everything are backed up, I just need my pictures. They are absolutely irreplacable. My moms been very sick and there are tons of oicures of her with my son, and my sons birthday pics are on there. All I'm worried about is getting my pictures saved before I lose them. I really hope someone can help me!!