What's new

Gave up my unlimited.

If you have an AT&T unlocked iphone why not try h2owirelessnow. They use at&t towers. When my sprint contract was over on my iphone 4s i switched to h2owirelessnow after sprint refused to unlock my out of contract phone. I now have a glorified ipod touch. Thanks Sprint.

A friend sold me his unlocked at&t iphone which i now have unliimted service for 60 dollars a month which is 15-20 dollars a month cheaper than sprint. Just my 2 cents

If you buy a new phone straight up that is correct. BUT lets say you get the 5S on contract for 199. Your plan will also go up 25/month for 2 years which is 600 plus the 199 so you now just paid $799 for a new phone. They are not up front about this but if you read between the lines carefully yea its not hidden.....right.

we were just at at&t the other day to activate a smart phone and switch to the 2 smart phones with 10gb for 130.00 a month plus fee`s .

now heres how it was told to me .

we can keep our 130.00 a month plan with 10gb forever so long as we dont upgrade our phones .this plan does not allow "contracts" so under this plan you cannot upgrade a phone and pay 199.00 with a 2 year contract because this plan does not allow contracts .

what it does allow is for you to keep paying the 130.00 a month and if you want a new phone they will charge you an extra 25.00 per month per phone for up to 24 months and then you own it . this is to say that you bought a 600 dollar phone . a 800 dollar phone would be more obviously .

long story short we can buy phones on the used market and have them activated for free and keep our 130.00 a month plan .if we choose to upgrade thats 2 phones at 25 per phone per month which brings our bill to over 180.00 a month .which i do not see us doing .
honestly ,all these plans need to come down in price .just how much are people willing to pay to talk on the phone . i am not a teen i dont live on my phone .

copied from their website

Step 1
: Choose any one of our latest smartphones. You only pay taxes up front and there's no down payment or activation fee.

Step 2
: A low monthly installment plan is added to your bill.

Step 3
: Any time after 12 or 18 monthly installments, you may upgrade to a new AT&T Next smartphone! As long as your current smartphone is in good and working condition, you are eligible to upgrade to a brand new one. Or, you can choose to keep your current smartphone, and after 20 monthly installments (AT&T Next 12) or 24 monthly installments (AT&T Next 18), your smartphone is paid for, and no more installments are required.

If you have an AT&T unlocked iphone why not try h2owirelessnow. They use at&t towers. When my sprint contract was over on my iphone 4s i switched to h2owirelessnow after sprint refused to unlock my out of contract phone. I now have a glorified ipod touch. Thanks Sprint. A friend sold me his unlocked at&t iphone which i now have unliimted service for 60 dollars a month which is 15-20 dollars a month cheaper than sprint. Just my 2 cents

Is there anyway to get unlimited data with AT&T?

I sure hope you did the research correctly. AT&T has hidden fees that they are not up front about. When its time for you to get a new phone you pay the 199 fee (assuming the phone cost 199) BUT what they don't volunteer is that your plan will also go up 25/month for 2 years because you upgraded. I have researched this a lot lately as I am thinking about switching to Tmobile because of it.
You need to do more research. You have your plans confused. You pay for the phone in 2 years and you have no more extra payment. Or you can sign a contract for 2 years and pay the same price forever. The $25 for 2 years is with no money down and no contract. You need to go back to the store and get your facts straight.

If you sign a contract,you pay the extra monthly fee until you get a new phone. It could cost much more then $799. On the next plan,you pay off the phone and your monthly fee goes down.

we recently downgraded our data plan to 3gb per month with rollover . we pay 25 per phone (we own our phones this is like a service fee)and 40 a month for the plan (unlimited text,talk)bringing our bill to 90.00 a month for 2 phones plus taxes-fee`s . we are paying just under 100 a month . i can live with that .

Hung onto my unlimited plan when I went to upgrade the att salesperson said wow you're a heavy data user I had consumed 15gb last month and it's all due to those reward apps I'm a big fan of using

If you see a new McMansion listed for ten grand, you know that's the down payment, right? Then why do some believe Santa Claus carrier is giving you a $800 phone for $199?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk