What's new

front camera

Marek0086

Reaction score
Hi there. I have a question regarding the "face" camera on the 5S. Can the camera (or video) be zoomed out... for people who have bad eye sight and need to get the phone close to their face to see the other person properly?. Im guessing the camera is made for a fixed distance?. How far must your face be from the phone so your face fills up the other persons screen (without cutting off any part)?

Thanks

You're looking at a fixed distance while using Facetime. While on a Facetime call there's a little window in the corner that shows you what the other person is seeing. You'll have to use that to judge how close the phone can be to your face.

Yeah i know. Im asking how far away your face has to be so as to fill the screen of the other person (i don't have an iphone). And what if the person on the other end has a different aspect ratio??.... does it show/tell u this on your iphone??

If you don't have an iPhone... then I'm not sure where we're going with this question. Either way, for your face to fill up the screen on their end... you're going to have the phone about 12"-18" away from your face.

Because im thinking of getting an iPhone, obviously. Im tossing up between Galaxy 3/4 and iPhone. Im comparing.