What's new

Found a running app I really like

ardchoille

Reaction score
I had tried several different iPhone apps for tracking my walks and runs, but finally found an app that I feel is the best choice for me. I would like to post a bit of information for this app in case anyone else is interested.

App name: iSmoothRun Pro
Developer: Lake Horizon, Ltd.
Provides: integration with HealthKit
Apple Watch app: yes
Last updated: June 3, 2015
Version: 5.0.0
App size: 35.1 MB

Each workout allows the choice of:
Activity (running, treadmill, trail, walking, hiking, cycling, swim)
Choose a free activity or create a custom activity
Body weight input
Choice of a shoe and keeps track of shoe mileage
Song playlist (plays songs from your Music app playlist)

The activity dashboard (in-workout view) shows 11 different tiles with each tile fully customizable from 45 different pieces of information. Audio queues are provided for various information including auto-pause and auto-resume.

Each completed workout log shows:
Workout time
Total time
Total distance
Average pace
Average speed
Total calories burned
Average cadence
Total steps
Average stride length
Climb
Descend
Weather readout
Splits
Laps
Maps
Graphs

Data can be exported in 5 different formats, including CSV. You can also connect and share your data with most active running communities, including Nike+.

The app was $4.99 USD but should have cost much more, in my opinion, given its capabilities and the information it provides. The app uses GPS and pedometer. I left home with my iPhone 6 battery at 100% and, after using this app to log my 45 minute walk, returned home with the battery at 96% with full logging enabled and listening to music from a playlist.

The developer website can be found here, for anyone needing to do their own research: iSmoothRun. The Ultimate App for your Workouts

I'm not easily impressed but this app has done exactly that.

image.jpg