What's new

Forwarding/Replying on iPhone 5

jimmi3

Reaction score
When I'm forwarding or replying to Mail on my desktop, I usually delete the extraneous multiple packages of email addresses, comments, and trailing anti- virus stuff at the end of the original message. It's easy to do: place cursor at beginning of material to be deleted and drag down to the end of what you want to delete and hit the Return button.

But on the iPhone 5 with it's IOS format, it's not easy. Put your finger/stylus in the middle of the message and chose between Select and Select All. The latter deletes everything except the Subject line. But what do I do if I DON'T want to delete everything? Can I selectively delete just one or more paragraphs? Just the multiple forwarded emails? How does the Select button work?

The David Pogue book iPhone 5 Missing Manual, doesn't cover this topic.

I dislike sending un-edited forwarded messages as much as receiving them. Can anyone help?

When I'm forwarding or replying to Mail on my desktop, I usually delete the extraneous multiple packages of email addresses, comments, and trailing anti- virus stuff at the end of the original message. It's easy to do: place cursor at beginning of material to be deleted and drag down to the end of what you want to delete and hit the Return button.

But on the iPhone 5 with it's IOS format, it's not easy. Put your finger/stylus in the middle of the message and chose between Select and Select All. The latter deletes everything except the Subject line. But what do I do if I DON'T want to delete everything? Can I selectively delete just one or more paragraphs? Just the multiple forwarded emails? How does the Select button work?

The David Pogue book iPhone 5 Missing Manual, doesn't cover this topic.

I dislike sending un-edited forwarded messages as much as receiving them. Can anyone help?

The Select button works by selecting the word your cursor is on (or near). Then, you have to tap-and-hold the little blue dots that appear (on in the upper left, the other in the lower right corner of the blue square). While still holding, drag the blue square until you've selected what you want. Then, if you're deleting it, just press the space bar or the backspace button. Rinse and repeat until you've got your e-mail how you wish.

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn