What's new

Forgotten password for kyms help!!

Supergroovyd

Reaction score
So ive had the kyms or kycalc app For a while now. Its the app that you can hide your photos and videos in and it disguises itsself as a calculator and it is password protected. The problem is, ive forgotten my password. I changed it a while back and i cannot for the life of me remember what it is. Does anyone know how i can recover my password or unlock the app? I have several important things in there and i would be devistated to lose them for good. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Have you tried contacting the app developers to see if there is a password recovery method?

I sent an email to what i thought was the developers assistance link because on the app page it says yu can get a puk code or something if yu forgot your password but that was almost 2 months ago and still nothing.

You may have to delete the app and re-install it. This would delete the app data, as well as the password. If you don't have the app data backed up elsewhere, it will be permanently lost.

You may have to delete the app and re-install it. This would delete the app data, as well as the password. If you don't have the app data backed up elsewhere, it will be permanently lost.

this only if you doesn't know how to use iphone explorer app... but if you are a little bit cleaver to use it, go to the app folder, and search into Library > Preferences > it.ideasolutions.mediasafe.plist and change the following keys (better with a plist editor):

- userPassword: 4 numbers as the initial password (the one that need the = after it)
- AdditionalPasswordEnabled: select if you want a second password as better security. Yes or No (in a non plist editor is true or false)
- AdditionalPassword: the string you use as the second password

good luck with your recovery ;)

:iphone4vert:

this only if you doesn't know how to use iphone explorer app... but if you are a little bit cleaver to use it, go to the app folder, and search into Library > Preferences > it.ideasolutions.mediasafe.plist and change the following keys (better with a plist editor):

- userPassword: 4 numbers as the initial password (the one that need the = after it)
- AdditionalPasswordEnabled: select if you want a second password as better security. Yes or No (in a non plist editor is true or false)
- AdditionalPassword: the string you use as the second password

good luck with your recovery ;)

:iphone4vert:

BL4ckf0x, i also recently forget my password for ky-calc. I'm surfing the web really hard to figure out how to recover it, and i realize that there are little help in the net. I saw your reply above, and tried to figure out to use the iphone explorer app, but i didn't understand what it exactly is. Can you help me understand to recover it, at least tell me how to access the iphone explorer app or the app folder? Pls reply soon, i really need to recover my password so bad because there are really important stuffs inside. Thanks a lot

BL4ckf0x, i also recently forget my password for ky-calc. I'm surfing the web really hard to figure out how to recover it, and i realize that there are little help in the net. I saw your reply above, and tried to figure out to use the iphone explorer app, but i didn't understand what it exactly is. Can you help me understand to recover it, at least tell me how to access the iphone explorer app or the app folder? Pls reply soon, i really need to recover my password so bad because there are really important stuffs inside. Thanks a lot
Sorry but this member hasn't been in the forum for two years.

You may have to delete the app and re download it. This would mean that you would lose all the data in the app but it's almost certainly the only way to use the app in the future.