What's new

Foggy, Greyed-out Screen

cammunicator

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this condition? It happens occasionally when I press the Home button to wake up the phone. It shows this foggy screen which will not respond to touch. If I press the right side button to shut the screen off, then press it again, it comes up fine. Touch screen works at that point. Any ideas?
Thanks, Mike
iphone.jpg

It’s a sign of impending total screen failure if your iPhone 6 Plus. Mine did the same thing with a darker band at the top.
I went to the Genius Bar on the off chance there was a solution. Ready to buy a new device. They swapped it for a refurbished unit for $149

Back it up now. Everything from iBooks (email the docs to yourself) to photos etcetc. Before it completely dies on you.

Thanks! I feared as much. Have backed it up. Regularly do.

Sorry for the delay.
Phone continued to mostly work, with the occasional 'foggy' screen.
I bought an iPhone6 as a back-up. I now use it daily.
The 6+ works fine with my portable Logitech keyboard.
My speculation is that always carrying the larger 6+ in my back pocket was not good for the phone. Subtle twisting and bending can't be good for screen connections. I think smaller phones weather this storm better.
So, 6+ still alive and doing well. Haven't seen a foggy screen since using it with the portable keyboard.

Sorry for the delay.
Phone continued to mostly work, with the occasional 'foggy' screen.
I bought an iPhone6 as a back-up. I now use it daily.
The 6+ works fine with my portable Logitech keyboard.
My speculation is that always carrying the larger 6+ in my back pocket was not good for the phone. Subtle twisting and bending can't be good for screen connections. I think smaller phones weather this storm better.
So, 6+ still alive and doing well. Haven't seen a foggy screen since using it with the portable keyboard.
Thanks for the update.
Just keep up with those regular backups in case the screen ever does fail completely.