What's new

Fluctuating WiFi signals and sometimes less than stellar LTE signal

mountaineer304

Reaction score
Hey gonna make this one quick and simple, Has ANYONE else on iPhone Xs Max or IPhone Xs experienced poor or weak signals??? It's mainly just Wi-Fi and it seems to really affect the 5G wifi bands... Places where my ip 8+ got full bars around my house our xs Max's may only achieve one or two bars... I was just curious if anyone else noticed it

Hey gonna make this one quick and simple, Has ANYONE else on iPhone Xs Max or IPhone Xs experienced poor or weak signals??? It's mainly just Wi-Fi and it seems to really affect the 5G wifi bands... Places where my ip 8+ got full bars around my house our xs Max's may only achieve one or two bars... I was just curious if anyone else noticed it

Could this have anything to do with your recent change of provider? Perhaps you should contact them.

Remember this. The higher the frequencies, I.E., 5ghz takes a lot more power to go the same distance then the older 2.4ghz technology. Things like trees, buildings, and so on absorb these signals much more then the older 2.4ghz and below. Here is an excerpt that I copied that explains it.

The primary differences between the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz wireless frequencies are range and bandwidth. 5GHz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance. 2.4GHz offers coverage for farther distances, but may perform at slower speeds. Range : how far your data can travel.Aug 31, 2016
Hope this helps

Indeed I knew that the 5G spectrum has a tougher time penetraiting walls etc but it seems to be a hardware issue as the wifi antenna seems to not have as strong or a receiver

You get about 1/3 the range with 5ghz versus 2.4ghz. This is coming from a cell site tech of 18yrs. Which I was. I know it seems like the phone may be at fault, but the range is cut down tremendously the higher in frequency you go.