What's new

First iPhone 9 Rumours Emerge

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone 9 rumours emerge.JPG

The iPhone 8 might not even be here yet, but already rumours have started to emerge about the iPhone 9, with MacRumors reporting that The Bell says that the iPhone 9 will be launching with two OLED screen sizes in 2009, 5.28-inch and 6.46-inch versions.

This would mean that the smaller 2018 iPhone screen would be just a little smaller than the current iPhone 7 Plus display, and the larger 2018 iPhone screen would actually be the biggest ever.

The information comes via sources in Apple’s and Samsung’s supply chains, which also say that Samsung’s OLED shipment for the iPhone 9 is expected to be more than double current shipments, with 180 million units. The source goes on to say that Apple and Samsung have recently signed a non-disclosure agreement about various factors, including the screen size of the new phones. The source also says that Samsung will be the exclusive OLED display supplier for all iPhone 9 models, all of which will have OLED displays.

However, as always with the iPhone design process, Apple is likely to be tinkering with, and adjusting, the phone’s specifications right up until the last moment possible in 2018, as is currently the case with the forthcoming iPhone 8.

Source: 'iPhone 9' Rumored to Come in 5.28-Inch and 6.46-Inch Display Sizes in 2018

It's hard to imaging bigger than the iPhone 7 Plus which is already a bit too big imho but I suppose some people will see it as an iPad replacement as well as a phone.

Yep, now I'm thinkin' bout holding onto the very long in the tooth 4S until next year [emoji848]

Nah!! Gonna get me a big 8 [emoji3]

So much for the non-disclosure agreement including the screen size. Total rubbish, but that's just my opinion

Apple never releases the price of its new devices until the official announcement.

I'm surprised there aren't any rumours about the iPhone 10. You know, the one after the one that releases after the one that hasn't been released yet.

:rolls eyes:

The iPhone 10 will have a 10" screen size! :) Folds up to 5" and then expands to 10". Now that sounds cool!