What's new

Find my iPhone accuracy help

Sjc800

Reaction score
I've been searching with limited results to help resolve an argument I'm having regarding the accuracy of find my iPhone.

Background: I work in hospital and I have very spotty service in the building. Mostly, I have 3G around the perimeter of the building, some times analog. In some areas, I have service when my phone is on a window ledge and when I pick it up to to type I lose service and have put it back on the ledge to send the message.

Last night I was at work and texting my husband (doing the window ledge thing). All of the texts were going through iMessage. At one point he says when he looked at the find my iPhone app, my location showed up at a place a few kilometres from where I was. He questioned me And I answered back, that message went as a text. I then left the phone beside me, as such it lost service. From his end, he says I turned it off for a while then when it ce back online it was at the hospital.

I know it's a strange request but can some of you please tell him that the find iPhone app makes mistakes? Especially when the service is spotty.

Not really. Tested myself and girlfriend, worked fine. Try downloadin gps status from appstore(its free) and test ur Gps signal.

Last edited: