What's new

Find may Phone?

GMAN1234

Reaction score
I went from iphone 4 to iphone 6 and on my pc "Find My Phone" is 4 blocks away from where the phone is, my iphone 4 was always right on the money. Find my phone shows iphone 6 and the correct serial #, Any Ideas? Thanks

I got curious. I haven't. Look at this in years, since I first got it on my iPhone 4, so over 2 1/2 years at least. It shows my phone outside, a half block away. That's not so good. I don't know what to tell you but I think I need to contact Apple. I wonder if this is another Apple Maps issue. Last time I used this app it was Google maps.

I refreshed the Find My IPhone map a few times and it brought it to outside my condo, about 100 ftor so off and out of the building.

Last edited:
I've had to do the refresh a few times myself to get an accurate position in find my iPhone.

It bothers me that basically it shows the phone in the street. If it really did get stolen, that's not good enough to give the police any info they could follow up on.

I just checked and am happy to say that it's right on the money for my 2 devices.

It bothers me that basically it shows the phone in the street. If it really did get stolen, that's not good enough to give the police any info they could follow up on.
Local interference from buildings, terrain, etc., can affect the accuracy of find my iPhone at any particular location.