What's new

Finally!

Townie33

Reaction score
Hello!

Finally got my iPhone from Verizon two days ago after much haggling/discussion/mediation. Had the Samsung Fascinate.

For starters I am a "Mac" guy. Love my Mac. Was told the Fascinate would be Mac compatible. It was. But after software update the compatibility vanished. Samsung admitted the error, but also admitted no rush to correct. Fast forward, I (after much debate w/Verizon) convinced them to swap out my phone.

I enjoy am enjoying the ease of connectivity between phone and computer. The battery life is so much better. I was told my Fascinate had the best battery life of all the Droid phones. I can't imagine how bad the others must have been. The app store is nice. I don't know if it is that much different than the "market" I was using.

I do miss being able to open any application sent in an email. Hopefully someone in here can help me with that. I am still a bit concerned about how my phone's bluetooth is connecting/not connecting in my car. I think I may have this ironed out, but I'm not sure.

I see my contacts icon, but have no idea where the "favorites" are! LOL

So much new stuff to learn (again).

Should I "jailbrake?" I didn't on my last phone and was fine.

I would appreciate any and all tips/tricks you care to send my way!

Thanks!!!!!

Hello!

Finally got my iPhone from Verizon two days ago after much haggling/discussion/mediation. Had the Samsung Fascinate.

For starters I am a "Mac" guy. Love my Mac. Was told the Fascinate would be Mac compatible. It was. But after software update the compatibility vanished. Samsung admitted the error, but also admitted no rush to correct. Fast forward, I (after much debate w/Verizon) convinced them to swap out my phone.

I enjoy am enjoying the ease of connectivity between phone and computer. The battery life is so much better. I was told my Fascinate had the best battery life of all the Droid phones. I can't imagine how bad the others must have been. The app store is nice. I don't know if it is that much different than the "market" I was using.

I do miss being able to open any application sent in an email. Hopefully someone in here can help me with that. I am still a bit concerned about how my phone's bluetooth is connecting/not connecting in my car. I think I may have this ironed out, but I'm not sure.

I see my contacts icon, but have no idea where the "favorites" are! LOL

So much new stuff to learn (again).

Should I "jailbrake?" I didn't on my last phone and was fine.

I would appreciate any and all tips/tricks you care to send my way!

Thanks!!!!!

Hello,

And welcome to the forum!

Firstly with your favourites, if you open contacts and look on the bottom you will see a Favourites tab.

Should you jailbreak? there are a lot of apps worth getting including being able to download files in safari and really be able to customise your iphone, but there are some down sides and if you consider doing it then make sure you using the right websites because some sites charge for free tools that most of the time dont work on the firmware your using, use trusted sites like iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and have a look in the hacking section to see what problems people have as well as tutorials and apps that you might find useful in jailbreak and then decide if its for you.

jailbreaking opens the iphones wings and allows you to do what you want and really customise your phone and have really good apps like sbsettings and be able to ssh into your phone.

but some apps will decrease battery life.

Thanks!

I have become somewhat frustrated by the inability to watch the attachments to my emails. Any suggestions??

Townie, welcome to the forum. I used a Fascinate for almost a month but got fed up with the flaky charging connection port and the horrible GPS accuracy. No worries though, the iPhone fixed me up well!

Thanks for the welcome!

With each day I am getting warm accustomed to my iPhone. I won't lie, there are some features I am missing (like being able to opening all my files in gmail). But the battery in that phone was awful!

Talk to me about some good apps to download. Let me rephrase that, I need some good FREE apps to download! LOL