What's new

February 1 will be eligible for upgrade.

appleormac

Reaction score
Should I upgrade to the iPhone 5 or wait? I have a 8gb iphone 3gs right now and can get an iPhone 5 at the discounted price on February 1st.ill be skipping like 2 generations of iPhone but is that ok?

Why not. There's no difference in hopscotching 3 models up from the 3GS.

Agreed! You'll love it! I say go for it!!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

What is the cost to go from the 3gs to the iphone 5, and is your monthly charge high? I am weighing what to do myself, as I have the 3gs and my contract is up in May and my monthly charge for the minimum usage is $81.00.

What is the cost to go from the 3gs to the iphone 5, and is your monthly charge high? I am weighing what to do myself, as I have the 3gs and my contract is up in May and my monthly charge for the minimum usage is $81.00.

Do you pay for data based on usage or do you have an allowance?

If you pay based on usage, you will see it go up because your 5 will use more and you will be playing with the phone more.

Most have a allowance of data to use.

Tapatalk'd from iPhone 4.

i'd do the maths, if you went sim only contract times that by the term to get what you will sticking to your current phone.

now do the same at the 'deal' rate for the new 5, subtract the above to see what you will pay fir the upgrade.

personally i have a sim only contract, i bought my 4S 32 gb 'open' for £320.00, means i can change networks as i please and use cheap local payg sims abroad.

if you figures are close, then likely worth upgrading via contract, depends how and what you use your phone for, and what you can get for your old one.